fat bike tandem!- Mtbr.com
    Billy--Arctic Cycles
    Oct 2007

fat bike tandem!

This weekend, I just completed the transformation of my tandem...it is equipped with Surly front fork, Large Marge front wheel, endomorph front tire, Snow Cat rear wheel, 2.7 Kenda Tomac (Johnny-t) rear tire and everything clears. Rides great even in the slushy conditions. My wife & I took a small ride out (she's nine months pregnant) so we didn't put it to its test. Looks like the couple for the Susitna are going to have a great time with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Very cool, nice to see everything fits.

Who makes the tandem?

Congrats and hope all go well with the baby!

Jun 2003

Is that yours, Billy?

Is it for rent? Do you need a couple to put it throught its paces? (LOL)

Man, that thing looks great.

I am going to sent you a PM that is WAY off topic.

Nov 2007

Sokool

That is SO great. I just ran out to the garage to look at our Raleigh tandem. I can't believe you got that tire to fit in back. We will be looking to rent that soon...

mtbr member
    So the couple that is renting this is aware that they may not make it 100 feet down the trail if the conditions are anything less than perfect.
    I'm not trying to be Mr. Negative here, this just seems like a bad idea for the Susitna.

Billy--Arctic Cycles
    Oct 2007
    Yes, I have warned the couple of many possible pitfalls of riding a tandem in the Susitna...this is a choice that they made & are adamant about doing...and I do have a contingency plan--I have two fat bikes set aside for them in case they change their minds.

My plan is to take them on a hard ride that will assimilate them for what to possibly expect during the Susitna, I have laid out for them a detailed training schedule as well (pushing & riding the tandem).

We all have concerns about this...they are doing the Susitna on a tandem for fun --not for a race...and I told them they may have to push the bike the whole 100 miles...

Mother Nature will dictate the ride for them...

mtbr member
    Sounds like they've had warning. Would be pretty cool if they can pull it off in under 48 hours.

Members who have read this thread: 0