the fat bike that started it all!!!- Mtbr.com

Dec 2007

the fat bike that started it all!!!

since you guys like pics heres one. tell me what ya think. she's sitting right behind me. here's the bike tim dreams about!!! 1952 schwinn packard, orginal baby!!
    a little about the bike. tank horn and lights work. silver can in the right front fork is a pull chain siren, very very loud! lights inside rear wheel are delta - hubba hubba lights. lights an rear axle are delta "safety lights" red and green like aircraft wing lights. black bell on left side h bar (u can't see it well) was made by international silver company. like all metal manufactures (including schwinn) they made parts for the war, before this they made silverware, this bell was made out of left over metal used to make m-1 rifle magazines and the metal is "blued" like the other parts of the rifle. these were sold to bicycle dealers,12 ea to a box. the boxes were stamped m1 rifle mags, but inside were 12 bells each wraped w/ it's own piece of wax paper. i have 2 of these bells w/ the wax paper from the 40's (they would not part w/ a box) all parts are original or N.O.S. i have all the boxes the accessories came in and more NOS accessories that are not on the bike. the flags are 1940's 48 star parade flags w/ original holder, and she has a 40's/50's handcuff lock on the rear wheel by the seat stays. (they call them rear forks back then) if thirstywork does a movie or get together this summer i'll bring it up there and let you guys take a spin. weather has to be real good though, she don't like rain!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by georgejetson; 12-13-2007 at 05:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by georgejetson
    since you guys like pics heres one. tell me what ya think. she's sitting right behind me. here's the bike tim dreams about!!! 1952 schwinn packard, orginal baby!!

damn...that baby is mint. You've got her all dressed up too...parade flags and all. I've got quite a few old Schwinns but probably nothing that nice. I came in thinking i'd be looking at a snow bike but this was a pleasant surprise. Thanks for sharing.

Chad

Dec 2007
    chad, how do you get the little pic of the red barn under your name? i've put this in my profile pic and clicked on somthing in another place to "show thumb nail" but i can't get this pic to come up under my name like your red barn??anyone?? as you all can see, i figured it out. thx.
    Last edited by georgejetson; 12-13-2007 at 05:01 AM.

mtbr member
    nice work resizing the picture.

Members who have read this thread: 0