Endo on a narrower rim?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Endo on a narrower rim?

Anyone tried to mount an endomorph on a narrower rim like an echo trails? Im just wondering if it would narrow it down a bit to fit in the back of a 1X1???? I know the gazzi 3.0 on a large marge fits, with a little room to spare, in reality there is about 3.2-3" of space back there...Think a 3.7 endomorph on a 44mm rim instead of a 64mm LM would fit in the back???? Just wondering if any of you crazy AK riders have tried it before I invest the $$$ to see for myself....

is buachail foighneach me
    while i was up there last week, with 26x3 tires on46mm rims in my karate monkey, i tried basically what you're saying there, and there's just no way in hell an endomorph is going to fit into a karate monkey as it comes. the 1x1 might have a little bit more clearance, but it would really need to be alot. height of the tire also comes into play. you would need clearance for a 29" tire in chainstay/seatstay length.

there is a thread or two on here which describe pat irwin's 1x1, which he modified heavily with hacksaw, hammer and torch to fit an endomorph.

mtbr member

yeah

Ive seen his mod, unfortunately I dont weld. I had a 1X1 set up with LM rims, and an endo up front with a 100 mm pug fork, I just hated having the gazzi in the back..To heavy, and the tread was all wrong. I just was thinking if an endo could possibly fit back there on a narrower rim that might make it close to a pug, without all the extra cost...But it just might not be possible without dicking around with the frame...(BTW I think 1X1 frames fit 29er wheels)

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Gazzi Tread

You've probably thought of this, but because of fork/rim/tire issues I'm running a gazzi up front that I've modified heavily with a sharp pair of side cutters to remove some of the treads completely and also a dremel tool to modify the treads I've kept. It has the bonus of losing some of the weight also.

mtbr member
    yeah I have but the damn tire weighs friekin 4 lbs! hard to push esp in snow even after hours of shaving knobs off the thing...Just need endo tread period

mtbr member

Yes. No.

Yes the 1x1 frame will fit 29ers... No the 1x1 will not fit an Endomorph tire without modifying the frame, even with snowcat rims.

Members who have read this thread: 0