Elmore bike path- Mtbr.com

Mar 2008

Smile Elmore bike path

Looks like the Elmore bike path is mostly chip sealed on the west side as of Friday. It is nice to get off the side of the road!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    WooHoo! Now if they'll just finish the part from the new light down to Tudor. In the morning with sleepy drivers and no bike lane, that short stretch is the scariest part of my commute.

I wonder if when they're repainting the lines on Elmore, they'll put bike symbols in the bike lane. Even with the signs they have posted, it still kinda looks like a shoulder rather than a bike lane.

Dec 2006
    the last time I took that route on the weekend I was the only bike in the bike lane and passed a few road bikers that were on the sidewalk. Seems to me if your going to ride a road bike the least you can do is rid on the road... On another note I hope that lane extends all the way through the Uni. Med. district as those are fairly low traffic and high bike traffic areas.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Just the base material...

Quote Originally Posted by alaskamichael
    Looks like the Elmore bike path is mostly chip sealed on the west side as of Friday. It is nice to get off the side of the road!
    Not technically "chip seal", but probably close enough in result. With the base ready, the paving should follow pretty soon.

I ride the bike lane as I like to avoid crossing any driveways possible when on a path or sidewalk. Cars don't seem to like stopping before pulling out, but if you are on the road, they usually stop before getting that far.

P.S. - if you are riding the bike lane, watch for broken glass around the bridge just south of Tudor on the southbound side. Sucks to have to change a flat when commuting to work in the morning. Barely awake enough to remember what turns to make, now you make me have to find a little hole with the valve AND put air in it.

Members who have read this thread: 0