Downhill Park/???- Mtbr.com
    Bikes are good

Downhill Park/???

Alyeska? Hilltop? Anywhere? Other than poaching the front range? Does anyone know what the latest is?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Howdy! We are going to get the ball rolling down here at Alyeska! You may have heard that we are developing a lift serviced mountain bike program. I'm here to say that it is true! I'm heading up the efforts here at Alyeska. Warren & I are assembling a trail crew, we've purchased a little Kubota excavator, stashed some milled lumber for elevated tread and just waiting for the snow to melt! Come down to Alyeska on Friday night to see the premier of the Kranked movie "Cackle Factor". They shot a killer session up on the mountain last summer and it will be the lead off segment! You need to buy tickets ($10 advance / $12 door) for the show. Doors open at 8:30 and the movie rolls at 9:30. Warren and I will be there to fill in everyone on the scope and timeline of the program. Short version is: a limited venue on the lower mtn this summer and next summer having a very dramatic venue available! The management team is very excited to launch a new summer mountain bike program that will be world class. Looking forward to seeing you down here! ciaoski

mtbr member
    May 2006

yeah!!!

That is SUPER EXCITING! I'm stoked to hear about the plans and volunteer opportunities. I've been asking everybody i know about this so far and was starting to get discouraged.

Is there an anticipated open date at this point?
    potential hours of operations? i.e. can we drive down after work in the summer during the week?
    summer season's pass?

Thanks for the post. I'll be there Friday night.

Bikes are good

This Friday the 25th?

That's great. I was at the Whistler Bike park last summer and couldn't believe we didn't have something like that up here yet. How are you hiring crew? Bike patrol? I have the summer off and would love to be a part of that. Awesome. Will there be rental downhill rigs?

Time to start saving for that DHX I've always wanted.

mtbr member
    Oh Yeah! We are going to develop an awesome venue / program. Right now we are in the planning stages of trail layout and program protocol while we wait for the snow to melt. We should have something in the ground later this summer on the lower mountain, This summer we will be focusing on trail construction and some terrain features. I can't say for certain when we will be ready to roll. Come see us at the Hotel Alyeska on Friday night and we should be able to get into better detail. ciaoski

mtbr member
    Oh Yeah Brother, it's this friday at the Hotel Alyeska in the Kahiltna Court. wide screen, HD, and did I mention the bar? As you can guess we still have a long way to go to get the program put together. We're working on patrol protocol and all of the program details. On friday night you will be able to see some of the new Scott bikes we've acquired! We are planning on offering DH bike rentals. Or, you can start saving up for that DH bike...

Mr.Secret
    Nice Burntski !! What'd I tell ya, have fun and I'll see ya Fri.
    ...think we'll ever get outta' this world alive ?...

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

Good job! Sic!!!

SIC!!!
    What about parking at Hotel Alyeska? Is that still permit parking, or is the hotel letting people slide?
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

mtbr member
    Parking might be a little tight right at the Hotel as we are sold out for spring carnival weekend. But, the back lots have plenty of room. See you at the movie!

mtbr member
    Hell yah, this is the info I was looking for. I heard some rumors but nobody could confim, but you laid that to rest.

Keep us posted!

Members who have read this thread: 0