Dome- Mtbr.com

Thread: Dome

Bikes are good

Dome

Trail is in great shape. Soft malleable tread at the bottom 1/2 and dust to tacky at the top. SPent a lot of time this winter riding this trail, and clearing low hanging alder and branches out of the way so it is riding fast now.

A military note. JBER has been closed for a few weeks, officially, but will open the 22nd, or 23rd. They have a new pass system. The pass for the year is $10.00, and you can sign in from your phone, check for open areas, etc. Dome is on 429. I was riding back there two weeks ago, and for the first time in years got stopped by an MP (game warden guy) and got a warning ticket for riding back there when it was closed. Next time they won't let me back for a year, then if I go again they'll put me in jail or something. Anyway, follow the link to sign up, sign in.

main page
    https://jber.isportsman.net/

Registration page
    https://jber.isportsman.net/Login.aspx#Register
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member

Croissants are ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To prepare for a race there is nothing better than a good pheasant, some champagne and a woman.

Bikes are good
    Oh dang. Anyone know of Rez all the way over? I went to bean creek from cooper on Sunday and it was dust.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfbkr50 View Post
    Trail is in great shape. Soft malleable tread at the bottom 1/2 and dust to tacky at the top. SPent a lot of time this winter riding this trail, and clearing low hanging alder and branches out of the way so it is riding fast now.

A military note. JBER has been closed for a few weeks, officially, but will open the 22nd, or 23rd. They have a new pass system. The pass for the year is $10.00, and you can sign in from your phone, check for open areas, etc. Dome is on 429. I was riding back there two weeks ago, and for the first time in years got stopped by an MP (game warden guy) and got a warning ticket for riding back there when it was closed. Next time they won't let me back for a year, then if I go again they'll put me in jail or something. Anyway, follow the link to sign up, sign in.

main page
    https://jber.isportsman.net/

Registration page
    https://jber.isportsman.net/Login.aspx#Register
    Has anyone done this trail recently? It looks like it has been alternating open/closed for a while, but I'd like to try and give it a shot next time it is open.
    Super overgrown? Lots of hikers?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Did the Dome about a week ago. Best shape I have ever seen it. It isn't overgrown to the point where the plants are on the trail, but they do limit your line of sight somewhat. I tend to do this trail on weekdays to avoid hikers, but be aware of others and make noise and it will be fine. Enjoy.

Bikes are good
    We will get up in the next 2 weeks to work on alders, then on whacking grass down. Let me know if you want to come help. We have plenty of sling blades.

Bikes are good

Blacktail rocks

Pushed and carried to the top and had a great ride down today. First time from the top, a couple ride around sections that were super tech and too steep for w trail bike but mostly good going. Cool alpine ride. Dome-image.jpgDome-image.jpgDome-image.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I miss the Dome!