dj and street riders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

dj and street riders

I think this is very pertinent to those that like to ride street and park, or even have kids that might. This is a time when we need to have our say. Quite often there are more mountain and BMX riders at the skateparks than skaters. I am out of town, but I hope the meeting will be flooded with bikers.

Dear Skate Park Advocates-

Thank you for your support of skateboarding and BMX biking in Anchorage! With your help, we have been successful in passing the first Park Bonds in 5 years! This means that we have $100,000 for skateboard/BMX parks in Anchorage! Congratulations and great job advocating for these sports! Support of the Park Bonds will also help to leverage funding from the State Legislature through the Capital Improvements Program. We have requested $750,000 in funding for skate parks in Anchorage from the Legislature so here is hoping that we see more money come in to develop and improve skate parks in Anchorage.

The initial meeting of the Skate Park Leadership Advisory Team (SPLAT) will be held on Tuesday, April 17th from 7-9PM at the Spenard Recreation Center (2020 W. 48th Avenue). We will look through some documents from other skate parks in the lower 48, talk more about the community build day and work on gathering support and do some activities to get us thinking about what we want for our skate park. I will send out an agenda for the meeting a couple of days prior. It is important that we have a good representation of skateboarders and BMX bikers so feel free to invite any of your friends that may be interested. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Brad

Bradley Dunker

Associate Park Planner

Municipality of Anchorage
    Parks & Recreation Department

120 Bragaw Street

Anchorage, AK 99508

Ph: 907.343.4504

Fax: 907.278.6595

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    sounds SWEET!!! did you get any reply's?
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Members who have read this thread: 0