DJ & SK8 park Wasilla, AK...- Mtbr.com
    ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

DJ & SK8 park Wasilla, AK...

We took a drive out to Wasilla, AK a couple Saturdays ago. Not much snow in or around town. I mostly went out to check on the SK8 & DJ park conditions. We had gone snowboardin' early, but it SUCKED!!! Too freakin' icy.... Anyways. The drive to Wasilla was clear and sunny. Most of the snow was gone in Wasilla itself. I was very excited to see most of the snow gone in the DJ park. The sk8 & DJ park are almost thawed out... Maybe a couple more weeks. I've never ridden the DJ park. The last time we were out there was a few years ago, and it didn't look this good.
    The sad part is Wasilla is like 50 miles away... If we go out there, instead of drivin' back, we maybe doin' some over nighters in the Wal-Mart parkin' lot...
    Since schools out for a week, and I don't have to work. I took another drive to Wasilla Saturday the 8th. Not much change in the melting progress in the pass couple weeks... The Sk8 park does look a little better. A couple of BMXers were out there...
    There's a really cool LBS just to the far right of the first picture (Richard @ Alaska Bicycle Center INC. 201 West Nelson AVE, 907-373-2453).

Heres a few of pics from that day...
    DJ park

aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm not really into dirt jumps, mainly because I suck at them, but that course has a nice flow to it and pretty decent transitions.

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

... and if we just ...

Yeah, me too. I like natural drops and kickers. But what turned me onto this DJ track is the flow. The jumps don't have 50 foot gaps. So if you case the landing, you still can write home about it...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Members who have read this thread: 0