DH Race -- September 5th -- Arctic Valley- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

DH Race -- September 5th -- Arctic Valley

Met an individual at Hilltop tonight who is trying to get the DH/Freeride and lift access more organized and participative up here.

Below is a flyer is about a race that is taking place September 5th @ Arctic Valley with lift access. Just spreading the word, I am not the organizer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'll go and be the slowest dh'r

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I was up helping Miguel dig trail up there yesterday and the trail is gonna be good. There's one gnar section that we built an alternate around. Definately check it out if you're interested at all. You could easily do this race on an AM bike or even an aggressive XC bike if you've got the skills.

mtbr member
    Im pretty busy all this week, might get a chance to check it out later in the week. I need to go register still.

How is the turnout looking?

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

New question here. hmmmmmmm...

it was AWESOME!!! we stayed the whole time. my girlfriend got soaked, so we left after the racing was finished...
    it was a bit wet and super greasy... i'm just STOKED that this even happened... THX to everyone
    took some pix i'd like to share...
    they need to post times & winners... just for kicks...
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=2456a9cb7c
    please let me know if link doesn't work... thx
    Last edited by brian_404; 09-05-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

mtbr member
    May 2010
    i sent Miguel an email and he got back to me. FWIW he was super busy putting on the race. Shoulda gone up anyways it was a public event and super fun.

mtbr member
    Awesome turnout today! 26 Total bikes from what they said. Got lucky and placed 8th!

Upper section was super sketch, but still acceptable for the conditions and course prep that was put in by Miguel. It can only get better from here......

Looking forward to Aly on the 19th now

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Results?

Now the rest of us need results. Post em up!
    Not that I want to see the horror. I spent most of my race run getting back up.

mtbr member
    I would email miguel in the flyer, maybe he can help you out. I waited around till near 3:30 or so

bothfeetonthepedals
    Sep 2010

arctic valley was gnar

i was up there today and congrats to all who made it down the hill through those sideways muddy sections. my biggest question is where do things go from here in reference to arctic valley, i know this was to asess turnout and promote future access but what can we as riders expect in the near future and is there anything we/I can do to help keep things progressing

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

Thx

I'd like to say THANK YOU to the lady and her son @ the AV DH race yesterday. She stop and talked earlier & said she was heading up to find her daughter, that she was up ahead.
    My girlfriend has a slight disability (CP). But I got her into biking, & she was having fun, and LOVED the race yesterday. She was having some difficulty's coming back down the mountain. The lady and her son stopped, to see if everything was alright, and they give her a bottle of Gatorade. They saw everything was okay, and continued on.
    We didn't get your name's, but we just want to say, THANK YOU again.
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I hope they keep this up next year, I will fly up from S.E. AK with my DH bike and give a run or two!

Members who have read this thread: 0