DH in the Capital City?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

DH in the Capital City?

Any good down hill in Juneau? Does Eagle Crest have anything open for bikes? Just looking for somthing to do while I am there.

R88
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Juneau Downhill

There is a trail behind Home Depot with jumps built on it, I don't know if it's good but it's way beyond anything I would try. I don't know what's going on at Eagle Crest, I'm not up to that level of riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    the trail behind Home Depot ( lemon creek trail) is RUGGED! there are some pretty advanced very tech sections of that run. Eagle Crest doesn't really have much going on for bikers... which is retarded... but that rant can wait. Another good DH run is the Spaulding Meadows trail in the Auke Bay area. its relatively short, around a mile or two, don't know the length. the only down side is that it is basically a smooth yet FAST fire road descent and it is frequented by lots of hikers. haven't been there in a long time, but the Perseverance Trail off of Basin road is supposedly pretty good too.

EDIT:
    hahah apparently the censors didn't like my nick name for Home Depot. guess when you replace the E on home with an O it becomes too offensive. although it's more descriptive of the shopping experience
    I'd be unstoppable... If I could just get started !!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I tried the Perseverance Trail, but there were way to many dog walkers in the way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duece
    there were way to many dog walkers in the way.
    haha, yeah, and the dogs get in the way too

that's the problem with most of the trails around Juneau... none are specific to bikes, and this town has a ton of dogs.

Bikes are good

Odd

EDIT:
    hahah apparently the censors didn't like my nick name for Home Depot. guess when you replace the E on home with an O it becomes too offensive. although it's more descriptive of the shopping experience[/QUOTE]

So when you shop at Home depot you are having homoerotica feelings? Weird. I feel less gay when I shop for home repair items.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well

So when you shop at Home depot you are having homoerotica feelings? Weird. I feel less gay when I shop for home repair items.
    no. It was a failed attempt to convey something that I thought- at the time- was rather humorous.

If I offended you ( or anyone else who read this), I'm sorry

~Max

Members who have read this thread: 0