Denali National Park/Denali Village- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Denali National Park/Denali Village

Hi, I'm kinda new here. I just got back from a bike tour (up the Parks highway and down the Richardson) we spent some time in Denali village and had a great time there. I saw some mountain bikes, but was kinda let down to learn that there is no mountain biking allowed in the national park. I was wondering if there is anything near there, (as the village is on the edge of the park, I would hope the eastern side of the city would have some cool areas for mountain biking. The reason I asked was I had an awesome time there and I want to move there next summer, but I want to be able to do some awesome biking while I'm there, so any info would be appreciated.

Bikes are good

Sounds right

All trails there are non-biking trails. I wouldn't move there for a biking destination. You can ride into the park 100 miles on gravel road. That is a great ride, but the only one I'm afraid. There are trails there that would be fun to ride. Mt. Healy is one we pushed bikes up in high school. Ignorance sure was/is bliss.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I actually did the mt healy trail while I was there, it looked like it'd be a blast to mob around once you get up to the overlook. It was really cool but I think I'm gonna move with some friends to moab instead, as there is still a lot of backpacking/rafting but much more mtn biking than denali has.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    There is some great riding just north of Denali in Healy. Check out the Gravity team trip videos vimeo

Also check out:
    Mountain Bike Guide and Heli Service:
    Downhill Addictions
    [email protected] dot com

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dhprod View Post
    There is some great riding just north of Denali in Healy. Check out the Gravity team trip videos vimeo.
    Are these trails easy to find or maybe an online map? Would like to check them out before winter really sets in.