Denali/Healy weekend- Mtbr.com
    Beware of Doggerel

Denali/Healy weekend

Hey folks here is a report of riding this weekend.

Jo-Ann and I went up to Denali N.P. to ride the park road. The road was clear and hard packed. The weather was fantastic. We met up with AK Ken and his wife Claire. They rode a gorgeous Ventana tandem. I was on my trusty 29er and Jo-Ann had her new Juliana. A friend of Jo-Annís from work and her S.O. joined us, nice folks. Always good to leave on a trip with strangers and return with friends.

I posted some pics from the trip on the 29er board. Additional pics are posted here, check out both posts for the full story.

After the park road we rode out to the Healy coal mine. We reached some abandoned mining equip/buildings, then headed up a stream bed. There was a nice surface of Ice/dirt to ride on and then large rock gardens. We just went up a bit then bombed down and continued up past the mine. We didnít go much past the mine as we spent a bit of time playing in the stream bed and around the large rock pictured on the 29er board. Also Jo-Ann got a flat and the rear tire rolled right off the rim. I just put together her new Juliana Thursday night. The bike came with tubes and tires mounted on rims, so it never occurred to me to check to see if there were rim strips on the rims. There werenít. Duct tape provided a quick in the field rim strip and a couple/three patches to the tube and we were up and running Really nice riding out there, looks like the trails go on and on. Also this stream bed just screams for a visit from Pinky the Alaskan Wonderbike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Great write up Adam......

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Hey folks here is a report of riding this weekend.

Jo-Ann and I went up to Denali N.P. to ride the park road. The road was clear and hard packed. The weather was fantastic. We met up with AK Ken and his wife Claire. They rode a gorgeous Ventana tandem. I was on my trusty 29er and Jo-Ann had her new Juliana. A friend of Jo-Annís from work and her S.O. joined us, nice folks. Always good to leave on a trip with strangers and return with friends.

I posted some pics from the trip on the 29er board. Additional pics are posted here, check out both posts for the full story.

After the park road we rode out to the Healy coal mine. We reached some abandoned mining equip/buildings, then headed up a stream bed. There was a nice surface of Ice/dirt to ride on and then large rock gardens. We just went up a bit then bombed down and continued up past the mine. We didnít go much past the mine as we spent a bit of time playing in the stream bed and around the large rock pictured on the 29er board. Also Jo-Ann got a flat and the rear tire rolled right off the rim. I just put together her new Juliana Thursday night. The bike came with tubes and tires mounted on rims, so it never occurred to me to check to see if there were rim strips on the rims. There werenít. Duct tape provided a quick in the field rim strip and a couple/three patches to the tube and we were up and running Really nice riding out there, looks like the trails go on and on. Also this stream bed just screams for a visit from Pinky the Alaskan Wonderbike.
    Hopefully this summer sometime I will get to meet Ak Ken and Claire on some of their home turf. Pinky calls your name.....I can here it myself!
    Dave

Jun 2003

Gerat trip!

I thought the last time I saw a photo of Pinky, it had "Adam" on the top tube.

Anyhow, great photos. I will try to join in on one of these things at some point. Later.