Denali Classic Results- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Denali Classic Results

I would like to give a huge shout out to all those riders who rode, endured, smiled, got toasted and of course earned the traditional Denali Classic Crusty Bits!
    Parker Q. was the first one out and the first one back in 10 hours and 37 min! This will be a record to challenge next year !! He did the 140 miles on a 5 inch travel full suspension Turner. Those that came in after Parker and in no particular order; Andy P, Carey G, Chuck, Sean, Steve T, Darcy, Mark, Paul and Jill H. These riders completed 139.4 (rounded to (140) miles and climbed 10,860 feet. The highest point of the route was 4,104 feet. There was another record set besides PQ's! Sean has set the bar for the first ever SS to complete the journey in 11h 47 min! A very outrageous gravelious effort! These riders will have a pass to the outrageous Soggy Bottom 100 !
    Juli, Jill and Mike D. rode from Brushkana campground to the Maclaren Lodge back. The JJ's,these two Palmer charmers can grind some gravel !!!
    There were others who elected to only ride part of the course.
    I hope to see you all for next years adventure !!!!!!!!!
    I would like to thank everyone for supporting grassroot riding/racing !!!!!!

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm good once ...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The record to beat for the Denali Highway is 8 hours and 14 minutes posted long ago in an Iditasport-sponsored race (maybe '93 or '94?). Dan Bull didn't like it one bit when the three of us who broke away at the beginning (we finished in Cantwell) linked hands is a show of solidarity as we crossed the line.

Members who have read this thread: 0