Crusty Bits Presents: Crapper to Crapper- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Crusty Bits Presents: Crapper to Crapper

Calling all Frigid and Crusty Bit Family members especially those fun family members in the Mat- Su for next Saturday, August 4th fun ride!
    This ride at your own pace, but timed gig, will originate at the Cafe at West Chester Lagoon. The ride will require each rider to have a digital camera and if you don't have a camera find a riding buddy that has one and share ! The camera will allow me to have a volunteer free check point ride !
    The check points will be secret and will be disclosed at the riders meeting ! I would say to expect a ride of about 20 miles or so mostly flat ( If I were riding this that
    " mostly " word is very important ) . This is a unsupported ride so carry all your goodies you may need to complete this ride. The finish is at the same place as the start. This is a fee free ride.
    Also bring some adult beverages to share after the ride !
    Here is the some important stuff to remember !

Please remember this is about the fun and the passion of riding a bicycle !

When : August 4th
    Where: West Chester Lagoon
    Check Point Disclosure : 6:50 or so
    Start : 7 PM or so

So, if there any questions out there please use this thread
    Last edited by rio; 07-29-2007 at 08:43 PM.

We want... a shrubbery!
    For all you Frigid & Crusty Bits members out there, I've been following your rather amusing threads with the happenings of this great place (and burn barrel) since this past fall. I knew I'd be moving up here, and I've finally gotten here--hence the need to ask these questions.

Since I'm not too familiar with these events, how long (hours) do these events last? What 'goodies' are recommended for the ride, besides the ever-important-and-life-sustaining adult beverages? And lastly, what type of riding are we looking to do?

Ok, that's all. Thanks!

- icky
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyickyptngzutboing
    What 'goodies' are recommended for the ride, besides the ever-important-and-life-sustaining adult beverages?
    Never, I repeat, NEVER mention your "goodies" around the Frigid/Crusty crowd! These are strange people, and you should keep certain things private.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Jul 2006
    First things first, Welcome!
    <br>
    <li> Since I'm not too familiar with these events, how long (hours) do these events last?
    - Well that depends if you stay away from Tim's little silver flask and keep an eye out for Leanord.
    <li>What 'goodies' are recommended for the ride, besides the ever-important-and-life-sustaining adult beverages?
    - Is there anything else?
    <br> In all honesty these are great events and highly recommended. Bring your love and passion for the sport and be prepared to share it with like minded individuals. All these events are a ride at your own pace self sustained events. Bring along what ever gear you need depending on the ride and local to be able to get yourself out of a jam if need be. And most importantly do not leave your sense of humor and common sense at home.
    Last edited by aka bubba; 07-30-2007 at 10:56 PM.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... Time ?

Well, that all depends on how fast you can get to and from a crapper ..... I'll estimate it will take about maybe 2.5 - 3 hrs to complete The Tour De Crap and yes there will be a climb and of course a down hill thats the shitz !

Quote Originally Posted by aka bubba
    First things first, Welcome!
    <br>
    <li> Since I'm not too familiar with these events, how long (hours) do these events last?
    - That depends, stay away from Tim's little silver flask and keep an eye out for Leanord.
    <li>What 'goodies' are recommended for the ride, besides the ever-important-and-life-sustaining adult beverages?
    - Is there anything else?
    <br> In all honesty these are great events and highly recommended. Bring your love and passion for the sport and be prepared to share it with like minded individuals. All these events are a ride at your own pace self sustained events. Bring along what ever gear you need depending on the ride and local to be able to get yourself out of a jam if need be. And most importantly do not leave your sense of humor and common sense at home.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    What 'goodies' are recommended for the ride, besides the ever-important-and-life-sustaining adult beverages? And lastly, what type of riding are we looking to do?
    Goodies...well, don't forget the brats aka "death torpedoes". I'm assuming the GrillMeister will be in effect. You can never be sure what type of riding you'll be doing on these rides, but based on the starting point, I'm guessing it will be a mix of everything from paved bike trail to uphill single track.

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nope:

I'm sorry to report but this will be a death torpedo free ride - the grill will not be in session for this ride ......... butt stay tuned for the next Crusty Bits

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMonkee
    Goodies...well, don't forget the brats aka "death torpedoes". I'm assuming the GrillMeister will be in effect. You can never be sure what type of riding you'll be doing on these rides, but based on the starting point, I'm guessing it will be a mix of everything from paved bike trail to uphill single track.

Wood chips are stupid

damn!

I will be at work again. I think Rio has my work scheg and is planning these races without me in mind. I will find out. And when I do...

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

We want... a shrubbery!
    Hahaha, thanks for the words everyone... Like I mentioned earlier, these ride reports were the focus of my cyber-stalking during my what-should-I-do-because-winters-in-Virginia-are-so-boring moments, and I rather look forward to this crap-tastic event.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.

Grillin' & Chillin'

Crapper to Crapper

Sorry to say that the Grill Meister will be Grillin' and Chillin' at my friends cabin this weekend. A little kay-Yaking, a little work on the cabin, some steak and crab for dinner, a few tasty beverages and the world will right again. I will be showing at the Soggy Bottom for sure (minus grill) though, for sure. With a nice 85 mile ride home on Saturday and my legs will right too.

Icky - you sound and definitely "look like" a Frigid/Crusty Bits particpant already. I'm sure you will be heartily welcomed at the arrival of your first event. As for what to bring, just asking will use-you-alley get some kinda of response. A combo of sarcasm, humor and practicality are the usual fare. To get an feel for the local scene check out these links.

http://alaskabikeblog.blogspot.com/

http://www.uaabikeclub.org/index.php?target=innerHub

http://singletrackadvocates.blogspot.com

http://aksoggybottom100.masony.com

http://www.bikeak.org/pages/1/index.htm
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

mtbr member

Yo! Leo

Forget the Crapper! Lets ride the SOGGY! I'm not in great riding shape but lets ride it anyway.

We want... a shrubbery!
    Thanks for the further welcomes, but I gotta head up to the slope today, so that means no Anchycrapper visits for me. I'll keep an eye on this forum and the provided links so that I can make the debut when the time is right. Or well, when I don't have to work and umm, I get permission from the Ol'-I-Love-Her-To-Death-But-Don't-Ever-Want-To-Piss-Her-Off significant other. So yea, I'll be off and on the slope/Beaufort through October, but I'll definitely make it out to the later events. I mean, somebodies gotta amuse you fellas (and fella-ettes) with my Southern-Boy-Ain't-Been-Ridin-In-Too-Much-Snow-Ya'll skills.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Members who have read this thread: 0