Crusty Bits: Chugach Bon Ton Roulet - 2 Day- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Crusty Bits: Chugach Bon Ton Roulet - 2 Day

Crusty Bits presents Chugach Bon Ton Roulet - 2 Day, the first in a series of bike events that will challenge the riders skills and endurance while having fun ! This 2 day ride will require riders to take care of their own shuttle needs and gear hauling. I suggest that riders find a crew member to assist in the shuttle and gear logistics. Saturday night there will be a BBQ featuring the soon to famous "Grillzilla" and the unveiling of the summer Crusty Bits Burn Barrel, oh yes, there will be plenty of beer and food for Saturday night !!!

Day One : Friday, July 20 st, 8 PM,

The start will be at the North end of Johnson Pass Trail Head parking lot and end at the south end of Johnson Pass. The Johnson Pass trail is a gold rush era trail with beautiful views and challenging terrain. The trail is 23 miles long and has 1,550 feet of elevation gain. Riders will start in pairs ( 2 - 5 minutes apart I will make up my mind on this later ), with the first pair leaving at precisely at 8 PM.

Accommodations for camping Friday evening can be found at the Quartz Creek or Crescent Creek campgrounds. These 2 campgrounds are within a 20 min. drive from the end of the first day ride session and the start of the 2nd day !

Day 2: Saturday, July 21st, 11AM

The start for the second day will be at the Devils Pass Trail Head.

The trail route for this segment is; each rider will ride Devils Pass Trail to the Resurrection Trail and take the right on to Res and the ride into Hope and finish in front of the Sea View Bar and Grill ! The Devils Pass Trail is 10 miles long and with 1,400 feet of gain ! The Resurrection Portion of this ride is 19.2 miles long with a 4.5 mile ride to the Sea View. The total distance for the second day is around 33.7 miles long. This ride will be a great training ride for those considering the Soggy Bottom or the soon to be disclosed,
    Chugach Express !

The Saturday night party will be at a cabin at Hope, and I'll provide directions a day or 2 before the event date.

This ride is limited to the first 30 riders. The ride is free, bring your own beer and food to grill. To reserve a position, please send a post card to me at this address:
    Carlos Lozano
    3909 Starburst Circle
    Anchorage, Ak 99517
    Last edited by rio; 05-01-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Fatback

salivating

This might just be the highlight of the summer. Two parties. Damn, I'm already hung over! Maybe you could handicap this one with the amounts consumed. Just a thought.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0