Crown Point Trail- Mtbr.com
    Diaskeuast

Crown Point Trail

Has anyone ridden this trail recently? I've often read about it in my "49 Trails" book, but never heard anyone mention spending any time on it. I'll be camping nearby this weekend and I'm curious to know how accurate the book's 16-year-old description is.

I'm also planning to ride Lost Lake on Saturday. If anyone's headed that way and looking for a riding partner, drop me a PM before noon Friday.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Wood chips are stupid

Puke

Never ridden Crown Point. But, I understand it's a real chore. Have fun dummy.

akdeluxe
    "Trust me,you don't want a big baby."

JT

Sep 2006

dummy?

Last edited by chicksdigme; 07-27-2007 at 07:31 AM.

Diaskeuast
    I think Leonard needs a hug.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Go for it Tim.

It is the hardest ride I have ever done. The alders are overgrown but not that bad. Besides the trail is so steep and your legs hurt so bad that you could be riding through razor blades and not even notice.

When I did it last year it was drizzly and the alders were wet so I got soaked to the core. It was about 40 degrees at the top so needless to say I froze. Just something to be aware of.

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by akdeluxe
    Never ridden Crown Point. But, I understand it's a real chore. Have fun dummy.
    No that is Leonard's way of saying. Tim can I come out and play with you please!

Are you still planning on doing Lost Lake on Sat.?
    Last edited by aka bubba; 07-27-2007 at 11:32 AM.

ABC Rec Div / STA Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckymtbr
    Go for it Tim.

It is the hardest ride I have ever done. The alders are overgrown but not that bad. Besides the trail is so steep and your legs hurt so bad that you could be riding through razor blades and not even notice.

When I did it last year it was drizzly and the alders were wet so I got soaked to the core. It was about 40 degrees at the top so needless to say I froze. Just something to be aware of.
    I have tried looking for the trailhead a couple of times but have yet to find it. .. I am told the local miners toear them down.. plus the RR moved their crossing from when Richard wrote his book.

So precise direction to where the trail starts would be handy.

Christopher

Members who have read this thread: 0