Crevasse Morraine Single Track - YAHOO!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Crevasse Morraine Single Track - YAHOO!!

Just got back from a 2 hour thrashing at the hands of a Palmer local at Crevasse Morraine - what a great place to ride. The highlight was Wildfire's single track, backwards and forwards, including the new loop which is not officially finished. Man oh man, that is some great riding. It is the old fashioned true single track with lots of turns, trees close enough together you need to worry about shoulders, fingers & bar ends, ripping downhill sections and relentless short & steep suffer-fest uphills.

It is some of the finest riding around and worth checking out. If you know a local, you can connect up many other trails and other single tracks, ride through stunning hay fields (legally) and enjoy some great views.

The terrain is a lot like Kincaid was 15 years ago, but a little more extreme. And, you can get disoriented easily as you can at Kincaid or the Campbell track. The signage is not a big help.

Anyway, if you want a very cool break from the usual haunts, this is worth the trip.

Kudos to Mark & gang!!

FatBike Fiend

Glad you like it.

Hey it's not all my doing, I had lots of help. It did turn out rather nice if I do say so myself Hey Ken, rumor has it you may be a valley local yourself soon. No? We'll send the welcome wagon over
    Owner, Trailwerx Trails Contracting
    Palmer, Alaska
    www.trailwerx.com

Members who have read this thread: 0