BIKE POLO Thursday 15th- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

BIKE POLO Thursday 15th

OK it is that time. Come on out and join us as a player or spectator. Either way you will be guaranteed a good time.

The first game will be held this Thursday the 15th at the western end of the Park Strip. We are looking at an unofficial start time of 7pm. Wiffle Bats will be provided. The famous "Grillzilla" will also be in attendance, so bring something to slap on the grill.

For those of you not familiar with Bike Polo. Here is a clip of one of our first games last year.

mtbr member
    Duude! wanna make it on time - but to do so means I'd have to drive my car to work ( off at 7:00 p.m.) on ride-to-work day .

Hmmm.. OK that seems pretty puss' - so I'll be late, but I expect to see some other "commuter bikes" there for the third period! does bike polo have quarters or periods? (wide open here for bigbadkarma)
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesotony
    does bike polo have quarters or periods?
    Well, if you're coming straight from work, I hope polo has quarters. Because you know what the love-starved female inmate said.
    Enjoying the meaningful pursuit of meaningless fun.

Dec 2006
    Sounds like fun wish it were on Friday though I could ride out there Thursday after work and be on time... however with my new continentals I'll be out riding the trails instead

Grillin' & Chillin'

Poloists take note - Grillzilla can't make it!

I just found out that some friends will be in town for a few days and are having a get together at their parents house. So, I'm going to have to bow out on this one. Looking forward to the next one though. Maybe someone else can step up to grill??????????????????????
    Grill Meister
    "There were never any good old days
    They are today, they are tomorrow
    "
    - Gogol Bordello

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Aww...Tony wanted to slap his meat on it.

Dec 2006
    How did the game go? it started raining, I thought noone would show up...

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    It was chaos and fun. Aluminum on steel action. Broken spokes. I didn't know wtf I was doing. I'll think bring a more nimble bike next time. The weather was while I was there. Shame on you for missing it! :-)

Fatback

Thursday night?

Everyone up for Polo again 7pm at the Parkstrip Thursday? Manny ponied up for the pizza last time so it's our turn.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

Jul 2006

For sure BIKE POLO - Thursday 22

Thursday the 22nd at the western end of the Park Strip. We are looking at an unofficial start time of 7pm.

Members who have read this thread: 0