Bike Polo- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike Polo

mtbr member

Bike Polo

The riding really sucks right now so anybody up for bike polo?

I'm thinking Thursday around 6:15..6:30 at the field by Goose Lake.
    I have all the mallets--- plastic yellow bats.
    If you've played before with the Nazi style bike polo guys, this is totally different. Pretty much no rules.
    It's fun. Come play
    Who's down?

Jul 2006
    Count me in!

mtbr member
    We'll discuss rules there. Everybody sucks at first.
    i

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Bubba - be sure to wear a mouthguard. You wouldn't want to mess up them purty teeth!

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by daveIT
    Bubba - be sure to wear a mouthguard. You wouldn't want to mess up them purty teeth!
    Took years of dental work to get them looking that purty!

Pete what is the bike of choice for this event?

mtbr member
    Crappy mtb is best, but your race is fine to. A single speed means you don't have to worry about the rear der. getting messed up, but that doesn't happen very often, especially with the plastic bats
    Flat pedals are nice but not necessary.
    Swapping the brakes moto style if you hit with your right hand (so your rear brake is operated with the left) helps some people. Only worth it if it's easily done.
    Bike without bar ends is good, but again it's really no big deal
    Plan on getting muddy...maybe bruised

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I gotta check this out. In!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Or...

I've just been reminded that I will be leaving on Thursday for a little place called Moab where the riding is not so sucky right now, so...out. Got a little carried away there. I'm definitely up for it the next time though.

...and, "Bubba"...doesn't sound like any of your 7 (or is 8) bikes really fits the bill but if you've got to pick one, I say go with the roadie. Sounds like the game is all about straight-away speed.

Beware of Doggerel

sounds good

I'm in,

its on my commute home anyway.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I'm in,

its on my commute home anyway.

Adam
    Does this mean you won't be attending the STA Steering Committee meeting, Adam?

I'll be at Kaladi Bros. discussing trails, which will save me from the temptation to get maimed in a freak polo accident 24 hours before my vacation begins.

Beware of Doggerel

uhh what????

Haven't been checking my e-mail or on the forum much lately, but I assume from your post that those recent e-mails from STA that I haven't been reading are about a meeting that is set for thursday night... When pushin' gets to shovin' I'm more in the mood for blowing off steam in some sort of bike-o-riffic polo match as opposed to being all talky talk and whatnot at a STA meeting.... but man now I feel like it would be much more adult of me to show up at the STA meeting. Maybe I'll even act like I've been checking my e-mail and pretend that I always planned on showing up at the meeting ... nobody reads this forum anyway right????

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.

mtbr member
    ok - I'm off work 7:15 ish - will try to make it - looks like pugs is my weapon of choice - no suspension to fumble me up with that front braking - although if I had one of those mx trails bike thingys with the spinning handle bar and and back -pedal capability I'm sure I'd be first round draft pick. Any polo without horses has my support.

Adam: Beyond some pretty modest donations... I'm not a member of STA - perhaps you could convince Mr (I'm on vacation in a week) Woody that a recruitment drive at Goose Lake bike polo field would a worthy alternative to getting amped up on coffee just before bedtime at Kaladi's.....

Caveman
    Quote Originally Posted by timwoody
    Does this mean you won't be attending the STA Steering Committee meeting, Adam?

I'll be at Kaladi Bros. discussing trails, which will save me from the temptation to get maimed in a freak polo accident 24 hours before my vacation begins.
    Adam - Dont worry, I'll be sure to maim you senceless with a yellow plastic mallet before and after the STA meeting. Just because. yeah.. thats right.

Who says the steering Committee is a bunch of wussies-who-cant-play-bike-smasher-polo-because-there-was-a-meeting-planned? I'll show them.

I know where you commute punk.

remember, its yellow and plastic, dont mess.

mtbr member
    Haven't been checking my e-mail or on the forum much lately, but I assume from your post that those recent e-mails from STA that I haven't been reading are about a meeting that is set for thursday night... When pushin' gets to shovin' I'm more in the mood for blowing off steam in some sort of bike-o-riffic polo match as opposed to being all talky talk and whatnot at a STA meeting.... but man now I feel like it would be much more adult of me to show up at the STA meeting. Maybe I'll even act like I've been checking my e-mail and pretend that I always planned on showing up at the meeting ... nobody reads this forum anyway right????

Adam
    I talked to Queen bee, she doesn't want you to come anyway. Guess you can come play polo.

mtbr member

Adam, you are so busted!!!

You're in big, big trouble, now!!!

Got another idea--why don't you guys meet at 5:30 to play polo, knock your teeth out, bust off bike parts, then come on over to Kaladi at 7:00 to give us some feedback on the kind of trail you'd like to see built next summer?

I'll buy the coffee. Mesotony, you can have decaf!

QB

mtbr member
    Does 5:30 work for people then?

mtbr member
    OK 5:30 then

Be there or be square.

STAers better show up now.

tony- We'll have to figure out a better time next week so you can play

Jul 2006
    Class gets out at 5:30, so I will be there just a little after 5:30 give or take...................

mtbr member

Thanks for the invite

See ya at Kaladi's!
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Jul 2006
    Thanks Pete, that was just plain AWESOME on every level. When is the next one?

mtbr member
    Lets see about finding a spot with lights so we can do it a little later. A lot of shop monkeys like myself can't get out till 7 or so.
    But, definitely sometime next week.

Caveman
    That was over the top fun Pete! thanks!

I'm in for next week, possibly with some new recruits.

that location works great for me... but thats just me..

Beware of Doggerel

great time

wow that was fun, I ache today but wow that was a good time.

Can't wait till next week.

Adam

Jul 2006
    I ache today but wow that was a good time.
    LOL, I liked your technique! That was a lot of momentum going all at once crushing everything in its path. That was intimidating…………………………………

Caveman
    wow that was fun, I ache today but wow that was a good time.

Can't wait till next week.

Adam
    Adam, if you ache think about how everyone else that felt the wrath of your pugsley feels!
    Last edited by Bearbait; 10-05-2007 at 03:02 PM.

mtbr member

What happened?

No phots of the carnage? It sounds like you guys had a great time, too bad I'll miss next weeks fun. I don't get paroled until the 16th.!

Members who have read this thread: 0