Best Anchorage Shop for Servicing Shocks?- Mtbr.com
    We want... a shrubbery!

Best Anchorage Shop for Servicing Shocks?

Ok, so I've made my rounds to a few shops for pieces here and there, but I'm wondering if there's one shop that's better when it comes to quick servicing of Fox rear shocks? Back in VA, there was one good one, one ok one, and one I wouldn't take anything to--is it the same up here?

Basically, I've got a Fox Float that's acting up, and I think a quick servicing should fix the problems I've got--I'd rather not send it to Fox and I don't really need it Pushed, so I was hoping I could find a place here in town that could help me.

Oh, and why I'm at it -- I'm in the process of of trying to extract a pretty darn stubborn BB, so what would the best shop be where I can just stop in for a little while and get some help? Again, we had one reliable shop like that back in VA, where I could come in at a moment's notice, and they had no problem helping ya--really great guys.

Thanks fellas and fella-ettes.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    At this time of the year ,and when the summer riding season gets here, I don't know of any shop were you can "come in at a moments notice" and get something fixed. Unless it was a really minor repair.Forget about taking anything anywhere on the weelkend. If you are hoping for a quik fix take it in the AM during the week.

We want... a shrubbery!
    Sweet -- thanks for the thoughts. I keep forgetting that the riding season comes on much faster up here...

Although I was able to get the BB off... only AFTER I snapped a 1/2"-3/8" socket reducer. So then I put the BB extractor tool (Park BB-2?) on the 3/8" socket, grabbed a 5' floor jack handle, and in a position that seemed as if I was making sweet love to the bike (I was all wrapped up in the frame, keeping the tool on the BB, and pulling with bar) combined with a few choice words here and there I finally got it free. PHEW. At least the neighbors across the street got a good morning laugh in...
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

Mr.Secret
    As far as servicing a Fox rear air shock or Talus fork( the cartridge ) you have to be an authorized Fox service center I don't know why 'cause it ain't rocket science. I/we can install and service the air sleeve on the Fox air shocks and sometimes that's all they need. If you check out the Fox web site they've got interactive videos on how to service the air sleeve for you do it yourself'ers, as well as a bunch of other useful stuff. I stock the air sleeve re-build kits if needed.
    ...think we'll ever get outta' this world alive ?...

Members who have read this thread: 0