Attn Anchorage riders......- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Attn Anchorage riders......

Tomarrow, Friday 3/26/04, some riders are meeting at the "mile up parking lot" on Campbell Airstrip rd for a ride at 9:30 am. Hopefully Ak Bill, Rio, Endo Rando, myself and some others will be there. If you are available and want to ride and maybe meet some new local riders just show up. It will be a mellow ride as some of us older geezers wanna take some pictures.
    Come one, come all!!!!!
    Dave

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! be there

Quote Originally Posted by AkDave
    Tomarrow, Friday 3/26/04, some riders are meeting at the "mile up parking lot" on Campbell Airstrip rd for a ride at 9:30 am. Hopefully Ak Bill, Rio, Endo Rando, myself and some others will be there. If you are available and want to ride and maybe meet some new local riders just show up. It will be a mellow ride as some of us older geezers wanna take some pictures.
    Come one, come all!!!!!
    Dave
    I'll see you there, the snow conditions were great for riding today on Rovers Run and on Moose Meadows and i would expect the trails to be even better Friday with the cold front that just blew through

Jun 2003

I'd love to.

However, I am a stay-at-home father of two. Getting away on weekdays is tough sometimes. I will try to be there.

Beware of Doggerel

good idea

Bummer I gotta work early tomorrow, but hey I like the idea of using this board as a way of linking up rides. I ride at odd hours and often ride from downtown to the Cambell science center area late at night (between 9pm and 1 pm) if anyone every wants to do a late nite ride, by the way it was gorgeous last night comming home on the tour trail in a light snow Don't miss out on that late night riding. I try to do the commute at regular hours whenever I can (which isn't that often) if any other downtown commuters want to hook up.

Adam

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm It would be great to have you......

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    However, I am a stay-at-home father of two. Getting away on weekdays is tough sometimes. I will try to be there.
    If you can make it great.....if not we will try again!
    Dave

mtbr member

It is a great idea.....

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Bummer I gotta work early tomorrow, but hey I like the idea of using this board as a way of linking up rides. I ride at odd hours and often ride from downtown to the Cambell science center area late at night (between 9pm and 1 pm) if anyone every wants to do a late nite ride, by the way it was gorgeous last night comming home on the tour trail in a light snow Don't miss out on that late night riding. I try to do the commute at regular hours whenever I can (which isn't that often) if any other downtown commuters want to hook up.

Adam
    Hopefully we can get a good gathering on occasion.
    Dave

Jun 2003

Great Idea Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam

Adam
    I am awake every night until at least 1:00am. For the next week and a half I will be playing in the City championships (pool) so I have to be very cautious with my night riding. (bad vision) I can not risk even the slightest injury. After that, I am all over it.

Jun 2003

If my timing works out,

If you can make it great.....if not we will try again!
    Dave
    I will stop by with the kids in the morning, just to meet you all. I will also try to get a group photo, if you do not mind. There is still a chance (very slim) that I will be able to make the ride.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Being able to ride would be best of course.........

Quote Originally Posted by damion
    I will stop by with the kids in the morning, just to meet you all. I will also try to get a group photo, if you do not mind. There is still a chance (very slim) that I will be able to make the ride.
    but topping by with the kids would be COOL also. Future riders I"M sure!
    Dave

Jun 2003

Update:

but topping by with the kids would be COOL also. Future riders I"M sure!
    Dave
    It will have to wait until next time. The little one woke with a fever, so off the the pediatrician (sp?) we go. Have fun in the snow. I will make it over one of these days.

Mar 2004

Hey Dave, Guess Who???

Hi Dave,
    I just registered... so how was riding in the flakes? My guess is that the skiing will be great tonight.
    As a hint, my new Joker XC arrived last night.

Well, hope the ride was a hoot.

- the AnonyMoose MTN biker

mtbr member

... and if we just ... The riding was a lot of fun......

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose
    Hi Dave,
    I just registered... so how was riding in the flakes? My guess is that the skiing will be great tonight.
    As a hint, my new Joker XC arrived last night.

Well, hope the ride was a hoot.

- the AnonyMoose MTN biker
    Skiing should be excellant also. I got your email and shot a quick one back.
    Gotta hook up so I can see the new bike!!!!!!
    Dave

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Pat wants to ride

Come one, come all!!!!!
    Dave

Rio, remind me next week of the ride so I can be there. I'll need to be here by 11, or later if the riding is good. Piss on the customers, they can wait!
    I plan on the Deadhorse thing next week, so I may be gone, but if not, I'll be there. Later, Pat

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

... and if we just ... ryde, ride

Kwul!
    i'll make sure to remind you. also, with the threshold of summer upon us maybe saturday afternoon shop rides?

Quote Originally Posted by patirwin
    Rio, remind me next week of the ride so I can be there. I'll need to be here by 11, or later if the riding is good. Piss on the customers, they can wait!
    I plan on the Deadhorse thing next week, so I may be gone, but if not, I'll be there. Later, Pat

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Ya know, we all look good in B+W....

Quote Originally Posted by rio
    Kwul!
    i'll make sure to remind you. also, with the threshold of summer upon us maybe saturday afternoon shop rides?
    Boy Carlos, if all these people end up on a ride it could be Anchorages first "mtbr mini" gathering. I cleared about 10" of fresh snow from my driveway today....BUMMER!
    Dave

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

snaux

10 inches of sno! i wonder if the ski club will groom the trails after this dump of snow? it's late in the season and i'm not to sure if they will spend the time and money to groom the trail this late in the year.
    off topic question- do you still have the crank bros. candy pedals?

Boy Carlos, if all these people end up on a ride it could be Anchorages first "mtbr mini" gathering. I cleared about 10" of fresh snow from my driveway today....BUMMER!
    Dave

mtbr member

Wink Off topic answer.....yes!

10 inches of sno! i wonder if the ski club will groom the trails after this dump of snow? it's late in the season and i'm not to sure if they will spend the time and money to groom the trail this late in the year.
    Do I like em....yes. Overall, I like the ATTAC's better.
    Dave

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

sno ride

Dave, do you think any of the folks would be interested in doing a nite sno ride some eve? this would only be possible imo if the trails are groomed and firm enough to ride on.

Jun 2003

I am game fo evenings.

Dave, do you think any of the folks would be interested in doing a nite sno ride some eve? this would only be possible imo if the trails are groomed and firm enough to ride on.

For sure. I am busy on the 29, 3, 4, and 5th. Pool league city championships.

Jan 2004

night rides…

I would like to go on some night rides… Damion, hope your little one is feeling better… You just blew your chance to hustle any of us at pool - by the way, I’m really horrible at pool and think it’s kind of boring, but playing for money makes it much more exciting for me…

Maybe we could all go for a beer after a ride sometime? After Friday’s ride I lured Rio for one, and I must say that a Guinness tasted extra good after riding…

Mar 2004

A night ride....

A night ride... one of these nights I think I will get out and do just that. I have a headlight, but it rarely sees use.

We should have a AK mini MTBR ride sometime. Would be fun to meet other riders etc.

Mar 2004

Hey AKDave, check out my new Avatar!

I just fixed up this old Bullwinkle puppet show clip as an Avatar. I love how the eyes arn't tracking together. I was trying to find a clip of Bullwinkle on a bike... but nope. Anyway I hope its good for a chuckle.