Army/Military riding- Mtbr.com
    Bikes are good

Army/Military riding

I was stopped last week by a military police guy when walking my dogs. He was cool, but told me I needed a new USTRAK pass. I went there yesterday, they took my picture, and put it on an ID. Area 429 is the last chunk of land that accesses the dome, the bridge that crosses the north fork of Campbell creek, and on to North Bivouac area. They drive back there every day. Chances are, if you stay off of the Tank Trail/Bulldog trail you won't be bothered. If you plan to ride the road to Arctic, have your pass, and make sure you called to make sure they aren't going to be shooting at you.

Oct 2008

Military Riding

As for Bulldog trail and the surrounding area, I would caution you about that area. About 3 years ago a man and his "rat dog" were charged there by a brown bear after they entered from Centenial Park. From what I've been told, the bear population in that area is pretty heavy. Be careful.

Jerry

Ologist
    They are getting more strict on those trails and they are talking about cameras too.

Bikes are good

It's alright

I'm back there every day and see the bear scat, tracks, and the occasional brown bear. They are quick to run every time. I'm more worried about the dog killing wolf stories from last year than the bear stories.

Riding back there shouldn't be a problem if you have the pass. If you are planning on riding straight through to Arctic Valley, make sure to call and see that they aren't spending all that tax money shooting frozen trees. I guess they don't like civilian folk back there during their play time.

Members who have read this thread: 0