Anyone want to ride Anchorage Area???- Mtbr.com

Oct 2008

Anyone want to ride Anchorage Area???

O.k.. I know what your thinking but weatherman says it will be in the mid to high 30's the next couple of days. This means that we might be able to get another ride in this week. I have a new mountain bike and am dieing for some fast single track! If your interested in getting together for a ride, email me at [email protected].

Jerry

Jun 2008

I'm in

Yo, im still doing some work on my bike but should be done by the weekend/friday
    were you thinking of riding, single track sounds good to me!!
    well let me know!!
    What bike you get??

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What did you have in mind ? I am in the process of getting my winter bikes together and should have them both rideable by the weekend.
    Last edited by jeff1962; 10-15-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Oct 2008

The Ride

Hey I'm all for going... I'm on leave this week so Friday or Saturday would be great. If we go on Saturday, my 12 yo son will want to go.. He's learning to use clipless pedals but does a good job. Shoot me an e-mail and we can work out a plan. as for what I ride, 07 Specialized Stumpy FSR XC Comp

Jun 2008
    Heey not to vermilliar with the trails around hilltop, so just give me a heads up on were you wanne go and ill shred along!
    haven't lived in anchorage long!!
    what kinda riding you thinking of?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    With the weather we are having right now the hillside trails are likley to be very soft unless the ground has frozen. Has anyone ridden up there latley ?

Jun 2008
    Good point, i haven't been up there latly, SO whats the plan, im working on my bike Friday no cleu how long it will take, so post a comment if you have idea's

mtbr member

Hilltop

I rode up there this weekend and it was a muddy mess... I just got back from FNBP and the trails are frozen but it's pretty late. You might check out the temps at http://pafc.arh.noaa.gov/mesonet.php before you go. I have to work so I can't join you

Oct 2008

Anchorage Ride

Well, Sheila Balistreri (sp) says it's supposed to be 34 today. It's been soupy here in ER so I can imagine what the hillside looks like. I'm not opposed to getting muddy, but I don't want to cause serious damage to the trails. Anyone got any other trail suggestions? You can also e-mail me at [email protected]..

Jerry

mtbr member

Kincaid might be an option

I've been riding at Kincaid all summer since the bear attack in FNBP in July. Most of my normal loop (Spencer Loop) is so hard-packed it doesn't get real muddy, even riding right after a rain. Only issue may be the occasional slide-out, as the trails get pretty slippery. I haven't ventured too far out from my "normal" area, parking at the Stadium parking area, but i've heard the other trails in the park are killer.
    Hey, I didn't see that rock there."

Jun 2008
    Just got back from test riding my bike around campell airfield, trails are nice and packed down,
    Slid out a couple times since i don't have spiked tires, but it was still hella fun!!!!!!
    O and thanx for everyone who helped clean the trails!!

mtbr member

So is there a ride tomorrow?

ARMYGUYINAK,

So, is there going to be a ride on for tomorrow? Left your e-mail at work, so just wondering if any plans have been made. Sounds like a few people on this thread have shown interest - you still bringing your kid? Name a time & place and i'm on - preferably in the afternoon, after it "warms up" into the 30's.

mtbr member

So is there a ride tomorrow?

ARMYGUYINAK,

So, is there going to be a ride on for tomorrow? Left your e-mail at work, so just wondering if any plans have been made. Sounds like a few people on this thread have shown interest - you still bringing your kid? Name a time & place and i'm on - preferably in the afternoon, after it "warms up" into the 30's.

Jun 2008
    I'm heading out to hilltop area 2morrow, before 1 PM and then maybe meet up with the group help clear some more paths!!
    if any1 wants to meet up give me a call -- 903-5318 --
    there's some other guys heading out there at 10 sharp aswell!!

Oct 2008

Tomorrows Ride

Hey as much as I'd love to go, the boss (wife) has a list of things for me to do. Sorry to stand you guys up, perhaps you guys can go in my absence. Maybe some other time,

Jerry

Members who have read this thread: 0