Anyone have any used Nokians- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Anyone have any used Nokians

Looking for a used set 26" of 300s or 294/296s, in good condition. Preferably the 300s even though they seem to have been discontinued and I know many on this board don't prefer them. I've found that I can ride pretty icy trail conditions without studs but sometimes (like this week) they are kind of necessary. I ate it pretty good on Moose Track the other night...went down Zamboni style. Only intend to use them when it's really bad so don't want to throw down $$$ for a brand new set.

Thanks

Diaskeuast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiMonkee
    Only intend to use them when it's really bad so don't want to throw down $$$ for a brand new set.
    Charge for average emergency room visit: $822
    Price of Two Nokian Extremes at REI: $200
    The cost of Manny snapping your picture after a wipeout: Your priceless dignity

Caveman
    Tim - What if you just dont go to the hospital.
    Then it ends up being cheaper for sure.

you might end up like akdeluke or akabubba, but they seem to manage through life just fine.

Diaskeuast
    You might be able to tuck a bone back in and tape up the wound, but once Manny posts your pics on the forum, money seems unimportant.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Manny has no proof...he was too bust reclaiming his single-speed from the woodland creatures. Tim, on the otherhand, does have some proof (the Eklutna face plant) but that involved stupidity/learning, not ice.

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearbait
    you might end up like akdeluke or akabubba, but they seem to manage through life just fine.
    Hey what’s going on? That is the second time this week I have been mentioned in the same breath as akdelux. What are you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMonkee
    Manny has no proof....
    Proof ha,ha,ha! As the Grill Meister so eloquently pointed out "I particularly liked the one of SkiMonkee looking like road kill"

*side note: Picture was taken on an ice free day
    Attached Images Attached Images

Caveman
    I can't ride so I have to pick on people to feel good - and you know what? its only going to get worse.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    So am I lying in the trail because my training wheel fell off or did they saddle me with that most excellent prop after seeing me struggle with big boy wheels?

Bearbait, why no ride? Lingering polo injury?

Diaskeuast
    Brian, check out this CL ad. I'd hurry. Used Nokians go fast:

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/bik/496974784.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks Tim (and Manny)! They turned out to be Extremes, total score. Even better, I will get to put them to use in preserving my Nads on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Little late, but I have some barely used WCX's that I want gone.

Caveman
    yeah, I pulled a groin a few weeks ago during a head on with Adam. Still popping percocets because of it. Hopefully I'll be able to walk again.

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    Douhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, didn't catch thtt you already scored some, my bad on the pm....is it considered spam to say I have a pair of them on ebay if I was to say that the Item number is 300179658592? If it is I won't post it.
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!

Dec 2006
    now that your talking studs anyone heard of 1/2 inch long studded tires (factory) I heard some company has these super extreme studded tires that may make my specialized able to compete with some fatties... BTW are those winter training wheels on that bike??

Members who have read this thread: 0