Angel Rock Trails- Mtbr.com

Jul 2009

Angel Rock Trails

Has anyone heard about trail out by angel rocks, few hours outside fairbanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Up to a couple of years ago Angel Rock Trail was closed to bikes. I haven't heard of any change in that status. It's a great hike. t

Jul 2009
    thank you i was up there hiking and noticed that it was a nice place to spend time. figured they would have some up there

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Even if it was open to bikes it's not really suitable. From the trailhead it's only a half mile or so to where you go straight up to the tors. Can't imagine someone riding that climb, it can be difficult for some people to hike even though it's not a long climb. You can get to the top via a skiing-hiking trail out of Chena Hot Springs Resort. It is a great ride until the top where you have to carry the bike up a couple of short steep hills. Once on top you can ride a couple of miles and come out above Angle Rocks. Once on top you get some great views. I did this ride a few years ago and think it's still open to bikes. t

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

imagine riding lower Flattop Trail...

...with about the same number of people...it can be pretty busy...flat for a bit, then steep wide boardwalk, then more steep/wide with waterbars...riding it would probably PO a bunch of FBX folks toward all MTBers...Google Fbx mountain bike club and they've got a zillion maps of trails and descriptions (old but still good) loaded up. You'll find more fun than Angel Doesnt Rock!

Members who have read this thread: 0