Alyeska Riding- Mtbr.com

Thread: Alyeska Riding

Bikes are good

Alyeska Riding

I know the skiing has been great this year, but something about this time of year really gets the summer gravity junky in me thinking bike parks. Anyone out there in the know about further progressions at Alyeska, the emerging bike park, and operations for this summer, 5 short months away? I just watched Roam, a sweet mountain bike video with a real cool segment filmed at Whistler.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I feel your pain and look forward to a summer of shredding trail in Alaska. I live in Fairbanks and plan to travel south to ride in Healy and Anchorage. Alyeska looks like a great place to ride. When do they normally open in the summer? Can't wait!

Bikes are good

1st season

Last summer was the first season open, and I'm not sure what their first day was. Not until July I think. They should be able to open the lower mountain earlier this year though. That's what I was wondering though, if they are rolling and pushing more dirt around this summer or not. Upper mountain has some sick possibilities, regardless of weather. I'm looking forward to justifying a downhill bike. Not just yet though.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

Sniper
    One of the guys at the Bike Shop told me they made more money last summer than during the winter, granted the extra summer tourism probably helped but I like to think that we (the trail riders) had our hand in it. With that said it would only make sense that they improve those already awesome trails. I rode my C-dale RZ 120 last year (only crashed a few times and the Lefty survived) but getting an Norco Aurum 2 for this year.Can't wait! I almost want to get a head start and dig up those trails now
    Cheers!
    Canondale 2010 Rz-120-3
    Norco 2012 Aurum 2

Members who have read this thread: 0