Alyeska Enduro July 18- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Alyeska Enduro July 18

Alright! We are going to host an Enduro Event at Alyeska on Saturday, July 18th. The 6.5 mile loop will consist of 3 timed segments linked by segments that are not timed. Your result will be the combined time of the 3 segments. Your total lap time will not be used to determine your placing.
    Let me describe the loop to you:
    Start in front of Daylodge
    Ride up Chair 3 work road past top of 7 to start of Blueberry Pancake Trail
    First (of 3) timed segments is Blueberry Pancake to Homestretch/NFT trailhead sign.
    Continue riding past base 7 and over to start of Winner Creek Extension by Arlberg Culvert
    Ride Winner Creek Extension to Verbier-Challenge-Base BCQ
    Load bike on BCQ
    From top BCQ ride to Chair 3 T, then continue up Race Trail work road to Mid 4 Pump house and top Race Trail Berms
    Second timed segment is Race Trail Berms-Klondike Cut Off-finish just above base of Teds
    Load bike on Tedís
    From top of Tedís ride up Donís Crossing-across Ego Flats and continue up Silvertip to junction of Fridayís
    Third timed segment is Fridays-Ego-Lower Donís Crossing-Creek Crossing-Knoll Trees-Waterfall-Tanaka Grasslands-Last Call

On the map below; the non-timed climbing segments are RED - the lift rides are BLUE and the timed descents are YELLOW.

I rode this alignment on Friday and it was a HOOT! It took me about 1:04 from start to finish.

We are going to have an inspection ride on Sunday, July 12th. Be ready to ride from the Daylodge at 11:30 am.

Alyeska Enduro July 18-alyeska-enduro-course.jpg
    This is the elevation profile. Start elevation=298 and highest point (Fridays)=2,018
    Alyeska Enduro July 18-alyeska-enduro-course-vert-profile.jpg

More Details: You can register at the Alyeska Bike Hub (Daylodge) until 10 am (sharp) on Saturday the 18th. There is no charge to enter, but you must have a MTB lift ticket or a Bike Park season pass. The race will begin at 11 am. Got questions or comments? Please reply here or you can always send me an email: [email protected]

I'm super psyched for this new format event to come to Alyeska and I bet we have one heck of a ride and a race!

Cheers!
    Burntski

mtbr member
    You should get this out to the XC Racing community in the surrounding areas, could seriously up your head count.

mtbr member
    Hey Gang! I am going to lead a pre-ride of the Enduro course tomorrow morning (Sunday). We will leave the Daylodge at 11:30 sharp. Also, I am looking for a couple more timing assistants. Let me know if you are interested in helping out with the event. Cheers, Burntski
    Burntski

mtbr member
    Results from the Alyeska Enduro. I want to say thank you to all 31 riders that came out for this inaugural event! It was a major success and we can look forward to another Enduro before the end of the season.

Results on the Webscorer page: Aly Enduro 8/18 | Race results | Webscorer

Cheers
    Burntski

mtbr member
    Thanks Burntski, it was a blast!