Alyeska downhill trails- Mtbr.com
    Bikes are good

Alyeska downhill trails

I pedaled and pushed my way up the access road on Alyeska yesterday. Just below the tram a truck pulled up and it was the man behind the trails. He asked if he could give me a lift the rest of the way up and I gladly accepted. It was a ways to the top of 6 from that point. He led me down some steep switchbacks with banked turns cut into the shale. We crossed the road were riding on trails cut into the tundra across a long bench heading riders left. There were banked turns, a few nice jumps, and some fast rolling riding through some beautiful terrain. These trails continued down under Chair 6, clear to the top of chair 3, and down to the bottom. By the end, I would have paid $100 to get to the top again. Unreal. If you haven't booked your weekend plans for the 19th yet, do it. Even if you aren't a downhill enthusiast, please go and show your support for expanding riding possibilities in Alaska. I ride a 5 inch travel bike, and was comfortable on all the trails there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alyeska downhill trails-p9060838.jpg  

Alyeska downhill trails-p9060839.jpg  

Alyeska downhill trails-p9060840.jpg  

Alyeska downhill trails-p9060842.jpg  

Alyeska downhill trails-p9060843.jpg  

"Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting pics. I'll have some helmet cam footage up after next weekend

Members who have read this thread: 0