Alyeska bike park 2015- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Alyeska bike park 2015

ALL RIGHT! Tomorrow is opening day of the Alyeska Bike Park! The whole team at Alyeska is psyched to see all of you riders from previous seasons and we hope you bring some more of your friends along this season also. We are grateful of your past support and look forward to delivering excellent riding experiences that will keep you coming back all summer! Please use this new thread as an avenue to discuss experiences and suggest improvements over the course of this season. Also, if you are inclined, you may reach me at [email protected] or you can call my desk phone at 907-754-2536 to leave a message. I probably won't answer because I am out on the trails or over in the bike hub!
    So here's the deet's on tomorrow's opening. Bear
    Cub Quad & Ted's Express are spinning from Noon to 6pm. The Daylodge Bike Hub opens at 11am for all lift tickets, rentals, lessons and tours. We have added some Kona Precept 200 to the well maintained fleet of Operators, Entourage and Stinky 24's. Bike rentals remain $100 (1/2 price 1/2 day Fridays 3-6) and we are not able to hold bikes. It is a 1st come 1st choice for rentals. Steve is still anchoring the shop and will be available for your mechanical needs. Lift tickets remain $30 and Bike Park Passes are available for $250 or $150 when you buy a winter pass. Lessons and tours are available for all levels of riders.
    The trails from the top of Ted's on down have been getting raked, bermed and ditched for the last couple of weeks. The jump line on BCQ is going in as I type and we have done our best to tune up all the little hits on the trails.
    Bike Park updates are found at Mountain Status: Alaska Ski Resort - Alyeska Resort and I update the SKI SNOW 907-754-7669 hotline daily when the park is open.
    You guys ready to ride?
    Cheers!
    Burntski
    Last edited by burntski; 06-18-2015 at 05:41 PM.
    Burntski

Elitest thrill junkie
    Can't wait to ride!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    So stoked for an epic season!! And let me tell you, the trails are about as dried out as they can get right now! Dress for warm temps and some kick ass riding!

mtbr member
    May 2011

Good First Weekend -- More Trail Work Please

Nice first weekend with dry trail conditions. Gear Jammer and Big Spruce were in great shape and nicely buffed out. Hope to see The Tanaka half of the mountain get buffed out through Last Call soon and the BCQ jumps completed.

mtbr member

A lot of folks said they wanted bigger jumps. Well, we're on it. Hopefully we get some rain (for many reasons) so we can get some compaction going. We're burning a lot of man hours, diesel, and equipment dollars so hopefully ya'll like the result. Jump line should be ready by this weekend if everything goes as planned. See you then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To prepare for a race there is nothing better than a good pheasant, some champagne and a woman.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ^^^ That is AWESOME!!! ^^^ Props to the crew workin hard for the people!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Anyone going on Sunday that can take another bike(r) from South Anchorage? In between cars and don't have any transportation.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    PSA: Wear your gear. Even on the small "easy" trails. I had a fairly average get off the 20th on Big Spruce but landed very badly. Broke my neck and caused my buddy to break his hand and lacerate his kidney. He got to spend 3 days in providence, will be off work for a few weeks, and won't be back on a bike for close to 3 months. I broke the left facet on my C7 and get to wear the hospital provided neck brace for 5-6 more weeks but should be good as new by then. I can't say for sure, but as far as I'm concerned the only reason I'm still walking is b/c I was wearing a neck brace. We both were, along with helmets, knee, and elbow pads. Pay attention and don't take the easy trails for granted, shit happens.

PV
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alyeska bike park 2015-helmet-crash.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Glacier Bowl Express will be open on Friday July 17th! 2,500 vert of top to bottom MTB Action. It's going to be a great weekend to ride.
    Burntski

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Pumped for chair 6!
    Enduro race tmrw who's stoked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Great Enduro race today at Alyeska!! I saw lots of big smiles and it looked like everyone had a great time! It sure was exciting watching people flying on their cross country bikes down our trails! Nice job to Hunter for leading way ahead of the pack!

mtbr member
    DH Race #2 of the Alyeska Cup DH Series is tomorrow at 3pm. You must be registered by 2pm (sharp). As always there is no charge to race, you just need a Bike Park Pass or Ticket. The course will be from the top of Ted's, Starting on the Hammel Highway > Gear Jammer > Sourdough > Roll Over > Finish before Hot Dog Jump (above Sitz Deck).
    Burntski