Alyeska Big Mountain Biking!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Alyeska Big Mountain Biking!

This is the real deal! We are going to open up for 1 day to test out our new trail system off the top of the tram. Our trail crew has been building some awesome new trails and now it is time to test them out! We will be limiting the number of tickets sold, so you want to get your ticket early to insure your place on our inaugural tram day. Check out the events web page for details:

http://www.alyeskaresort.com/info/ca...t31.empty.aspx

Alyeska Tram Access MTB riding
    Sunday, September 19 | Noon to 5 pm

Be one of the first riders to test out the new upper mountain bike trails. This one-day only event will allow bikes on the Tram for the first time! Participants will be grouped by ability and guided down Mt. Alyeska by experienced riders. Join us for a BBQ on the Columbia Deck from 11 am - 8 pm.

$30 per person
    Helmets required
    Registration from 10 am - Noon at the Tram Ticket Office
    Event will take place rain or shine
    All participants must sign a liability waiver. Parent or legal guardian must sign for all paricipants under 18
    Minimum age to participate is 12 years old

If you have any specific questions, you can contact me via message on ak spokes or send me an email to:
    [email protected]

See you down at Alyeska!

Let's Ride
    Burntski

mtbr member
    Your link is down btw......

I was up there last month and saw the trail on silvertip, is this the new terrain? I also some of the info on the facebook page.

Thanks for the info.......

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I rode these trails a couple weeks ago and they're sweet. A lot more work has gone in since I pushed to the top. Should be epic Do passholders have to buy tickets or what?

mtbr member
    May 2010

mtbr member
    A ticket will be required for tram access. We will have a new release for you to sign at the ticket window. We should have the tickets available on line or over the phone by the end of the day. The trail builders have been kicking ass to complete the upper mtn trails and connect the to the base area trails. They are very excited to show off what a bunch of hard working dudes w/ pulaskis and some gravel can do!
    Burntski

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm so stoked I can hardly contain myself. DH race at AV on sunday, 2 weeks later Aly opens to bikes. I'm excited for what next year will bring. That's saying a lot coming from a guy who hates summer.

I'm gonna ride up into the clouds on the Dome at 12. I just gotta go downhill.

Bikes are good
    What a nice way to end the summer. Something real cool to look forward to for next year. So, maybe buying a downhill rig for riding up here is in the future?
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm lurking in this forum as I'm looking at a possible move to Anchorage (80-90% probable at this point, just waiting to hear if it goes through) and threads like these keep getting me more and more psyched. I already couldn't wait to get a season ticket once I got up there. Now I know for sure that I'll be looking for a place to live on the Alyeska side of Anchorage. It's a bummer I'm missing the inaugural trail tram this year, but I'll be on the bike season opening tram for next summer. Saw the pics in the other post, great-looking trails, awesome work.
    Fall is here. Woo-hoo!

mtbr member
    I'll be there

mtbr member
    May 2006

Any chance for a Saturday option?

I'm flying out of town Sunday and won't be able to participate so i'd like to do two things with this post:

1 - point out that on any other day, there would be two more [wife and I] riders there to support Alyeska to begin lift/tram assisted downhilling.

2 - beg for some tram access on Saturday too...

Thanks,

DM

mtbr member
    I know this forum is pretty dead... but chime in if you are planning on showing up. I'll be there on my buddy's canfield (my bike got van damaged in whistler over labor day)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Im a horrible lurker on these forums. I will be there for sure, bought tickets as soon as i found out about the event, Riding a Turner Highline i picked up used a couple weeks ago.......cant wait its going to be awesome!!

mtbr member
    Howdy all you riders out there! The trail crew is kickin butt to buff out the trails! All is looking great for an epic Sunday of riding. We are going to have food and beverage service (read bbq &pbr) and live music on the Columbia patio all day and after we are done riding.
    Burntski

mtbr member

wish you could join us

Quote Originally Posted by drakem
    I'm flying out of town Sunday and won't be able to participate so i'd like to do two things with this post:

1 - point out that on any other day, there would be two more [wife and I] riders there to support Alyeska to begin lift/tram assisted downhilling.

2 - beg for some tram access on Saturday too...

Thanks,

DM
    DM; So sorry you and your wife will not be able to make it on Sunday. I wish I could get all of you out on Sat, but we have our hands full getting the venue prepped to ride on Sunday. I look forward to riding w/ you next summer.

Cheers!
    Burntski

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'll be there on my sx trail. Getting so stoked. I've been riding the dome a lot lately and ~2500' is sweet but we'll be getting a lot more than that Sunday.

mtbr member
    Thanks burntski (and everyone else) for putting this together. I'm stoked that this is started and will hopefully be going somewhere. Here is a short vid from sunday:

mtbr member
    May 2010
    So sick I still can't get the grin off my face. I was the a-hole with the bear bells on the bike. I just forgot to take them off at home but after seeing how well they alerted the slower riders on the trail in front of me I'm leaving them on. Parting XC bikes like the red sea.

Sorry if the bells bothered anyone...

sorta.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    So - i heard a rumor there's a slight chance for this coming weekend too. Any truth there?

Bikes are good

If not...

it should be.

C'mon Alyeska. another $6000 bucks couldn't hurt.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

Members who have read this thread: 0