AEA Denali Classic !!!!- Mtbr.com
    rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! AEA Denali Classic !!!!

This is the first AEA ride of the season and it will be graveliciously awesome!!! The date is May 29th !!!!!The route will start and end at the Bruskana Campground at mile 30 of the Denali Highway. Riders will have three options to choose from, a 50 miler, an awesome 124 mile that will have the turn around at the famous Maclaren River Lodge !! The 134 mile turn around is at the 2nd highest road pass in Alaska, the Maclaren Pass !! The ride will have world class scenic views !!!

I would like to request those attending to bring campfire wood in that we will be above tree line and wood is very scarce, and to also please bring food and adult beverages to share at the Saturday night BBQ party!! I will have a small generater if someone would like to bring a blender. There will be a Sunday morning farmers breakfast!!!!!! This campground does not have drinking water available so make sure to bring what you may need. There is a nearby creek for post ride clean up !

Oh, I almost forgot ! The riders who complete the Maclaren Pass option will get a non-transferable day pass to the 2010 Fabulous Soggy Bottom!!!!!!!!!!See you there !!

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm good once ...

It's All About We!
    Dec 2005
    Looking forward to it, Carlos!
    Kevin Turinsky
    RUSA RBA - Alaska
    www.rusa.org
    http://alaskarandonneurs.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Carlos,
    My wife is planning on bringing her almost world famous Mexican soup to share. How many folks do you and Kevin plan on attending? Any idea? Do we know for certain that the Maclaren lodge will be open, and most importantly, serving food? This could make a difference in how much riding food I plan on taking. Thanks in advance.
    Chuck

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Denali Classic!!!! ! Spin and Grin

The Maclaren Lodge will be open, and they will be serving food as well as the Alpine Creek Lodge, the Tangle lakes Lodge will also be open. Last nite around 9 PM it was 55 degrees at Maclaren Lodge!

Quote Originally Posted by ANYRIDE
    Carlos,
    My wife is planning on bringing her almost world famous Mexican soup to share. How many folks do you and Kevin plan on attending? Any idea? Do we know for certain that the Maclaren lodge will be open, and most importantly, serving food? This could make a difference in how much riding food I plan on taking. Thanks in advance.
    Chuck

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Perfect! Thanks
    c

Members who have read this thread: 0