24hrs of Matanuska- Mtbr.com
    Fatback

24hrs of Matanuska

Howdy All-

Here's the link to the entry form/waiver. Come join us for some beers and suffering. Or just suffering if that's what you like. Or just beers-that's fine too. Our local badass brewmeister Kortney G just wrapped up the 2011 edition of the Speedway EPO, our very own recovery beer featuring electrolytes. You will speed recovery with every pint. Guarantied. http://www.alaskamtb.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by thirstywork; 06-17-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Sweet!!! Should be fun, hoping for good weather!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    This is such a kickass event at a really killer venue...Anyone that has every thought about doing an event like this, you have to do it!!! Don't let the "24 hours" intimidate you, lots of other options including 6, 12 and 24 with team options! Bring a few friends out and make it a fun event or cheer on everyone else and enjoy a brew! For anyone living in the valley you can come by Backcountry Bicycles, we have waivers and sign up sheets at the shop! Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Results?

Are results posted anywhere?

Fatback

results

The results will soon be posted to http://alaskamtb.blogspot.com soon.
    They have been sent to ADN, but they only man the sports desk Tues-Sat.
    Speedway Cycles owner http://fatbackbikes.com

Cycling for Life
    Great event, was very glad to be there and participate.
    In the last 5 or 6 years Ive been fortunate to have attended/ volunteered/ photographed, or all the above, several MTB race events in a few different states. Usually at the end of each event there is a crew sent out to clean the course of trash intentionally or accidentally discarded by the riders. Now, granted that many of these events are ten times larger than our race around the valley, but the standard here holds true.
    I rode the course at about 11 a.m. Sunday taking a few last lap photos as the sun made a late guest appearance. I did not see any trash. Not one Goo packet, Cliff Bar wrapper or any lost water bottles, nothing other than the pin flags that wasn’t supposed to be there.
    Kuddo’s to you all- Alaska Mountain Bikers Rock.

(Seems I need to have 10 posts here in order to be allowed to post links or photos… Ill get you a link somehow once they are up)

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak_Dan View Post
    Great event, was very glad to be there and participate.
    In the last 5 or 6 years Ive been fortunate to have attended/ volunteered/ photographed, or all the above, several MTB race events in a few different states. Usually at the end of each event there is a crew sent out to clean the course of trash intentionally or accidentally discarded by the riders. Now, granted that many of these events are ten times larger than our race around the valley, but the standard here holds true.
    I rode the course at about 11 a.m. Sunday taking a few last lap photos as the sun made a late guest appearance. I did not see any trash. Not one Goo packet, Cliff Bar wrapper or any lost water bottles, nothing other than the pin flags that wasn’t supposed to be there.
    Kuddo’s to you all- Alaska Mountain Bikers Rock.

(Seems I need to have 10 posts here in order to be allowed to post links or photos… Ill get you a link somehow once they are up)
    I noticed that myself while racing. There was the occasional wrapper that showed up on one lap, but in every case, it was gone by the time I went out on the next lap (relay team). The volunteers and organizers did a great job policing the course throughout the race, taking a lap around here and there to make sure everything was still in order.

FYI - even if you can't post the actual link, you could post the text of the link so we can copy/paste it to get there. You might have to do things like "dot" instead of "." for example, but it would still be something we could follow. Thanks for taking some pics out there. I am looking forward to seeing what people got. It was a great weekend, hard and fun.

Cycling for Life
    K, here you go;

pbase.com/takeyouphotography

New folders are at the bottom of the page

mtbr member
    Great slide-show! Thank you for sharing.
    "I get a buzz from being cold and wet ~ the pleasure seems to balance out the pain" - Blue, Red and Grey The Who By Numbers

Cycling for Life
    ****** There has been some interest from a few people wanting copies of these photos. I can not print them but am willing to sell copies of the original files (aprox 5 MB) which you can do whatever you want with. Cost is $10 a file. I will in turn donate all monies collected from the sale of these and any photos from the Kincaid Race folder to the Kincaid Trails Project. Please send an email to takeyouphotography @ymail.com including the file # (s) you want copies of. I will in turn, send you an invoice from a PayPal account. Thanks, Daniel. ******