2015 Homer Big Fat Bike Festival Feb 6-8th- Mtbr.com
    Fat!Drunk!Slow!

2015 Homer Big Fat Bike Festival Feb 6-8th

Homer Cycling Club - HOMER CYCLING CLUB

EARLY REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!
    register before February 1st and save $$$

Are you ready for another Low Pressure Weekend?

It's that time of year again, when go-getting Fat Bikers don't let short days and deep snow (or ice!) keep them from riding on.

The big fat bike ride for the 2015 BFBF on Saturday morning will start at Cycle Logical, hitting the beach at Miller's Landing and heading east towards the head of Kachemak Bay. This route is a mix of smooth, fast beach below the high tide line, with gravel, rock and boulders on the high beach. You'll find a cozy bonfire about 8 miles up the beach at the outflow of McNiel Canyon where you can warm up before venturing on or returning.

The ride is approximately 16 miles long (or more if you choose), follows the beautiful bluffs of the south shore with ample opportunity to enjoy the view.

On Friday evening, February 6th, come kick off the BFBF with a Meet and Greet bonfire at Bishop's Beach. The traditional obstacle course will be ready for riding so bring your bikes and do some loops!

Like to win prizes!? Come try your luck in the raffle at Alice's Champagne Palace where the BFBF crew will be enjoying a burger and brew (to be included in your registration). There will be a silent auction too. Come bid on and win some cool stuff from our awesome supporters!

Check the link above for a full schedule of the 2015 Big Fat Bike Festival Events.

sluice box
    I gots me ticket.

mtbr member
    We've also got a BFBF ride planned for Sunday February 8 into the Caribou Hills east of Homer. This is a great area for riding and the views are amazing. If we get enough interest the CCL Lodge out near Caribou Lake will open for us and have burgers and beer available. So come on down to Homer for the 4th Annual Big Fat Bike Fest and stick around for the Sunday ride!

Bikes are good
    Do caribou hills need snow to ride? I'll be down next weekend and was hoping to get out on that trail. How do you get there? Can't make the beach ride this year unfortunately, 3 other times we've done it it has been great though. Any bets on how to get to caribou hills trail would be rad. Thanks.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."

mtbr member
    The trails out to Caribou Lake are pretty icy so you will need studs. There is some snow in the forecast so that might help. The trailhead is outside of Homer about 20 miles down East End rd., past McNeil Canyon School, then on Basargin Road headed toward Razdolna. The trailhead is located on a road called Willard Rd, though I don't think it is marked. Most locals call the trailhead the Blue Shed. Stop in to Cyclelogical Bike Shop and Derek can hook you up with maps and current trail conditions.

Message me if you want some company riding out there. I could probably get the BFBF crew together.

Bikes are good
    Rad Thanks. I will. Weekend after this one. So, next weekend.

Dillinger 5's are sweet.
    "Having lack of self-preservation makes biking more fun."