2007 DJ III forks, clunking noise...- Mtbr.com
    ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?

2007 DJ III forks, clunking noise...

Well, on my P2. When ever I compress down to preload the fork (07 DJ III) to bunny hop, jump, etc... I was getting a clunking noise as the fork releases from compression. I adjusted my air pressure, rebound, and last I adjusted the preload under the little black cap on the left leg (as your standing over the bike looking forward). I turn it clock wise a few times. That seem to do the trick. I beleive the preload was set too light, so when you would compress the fork, it would casue it to clunk... Has anyone else experience this with any of the DJ series?
    I never had this problem with my 04 DJ II's...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Jun 2006
    my friend just got a p2 the other day with dirt jams and they seem to be similar to dirtjumper 3s, and his clunks from bottoming out. if you were a bigger guy i can definatly see bottoming it out if the preload or air is too low, but thats how it is with most forks.

Ologist
    not in the headset is it?

Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brian_404
    Well, on my P2. When ever I compress down to preload the fork (07 DJ III) to bunny hop, jump, etc... I was getting a clunking noise as the fork releases from compression. I adjusted my air pressure, rebound, and last I adjusted the preload under the little black cap on the left leg (as your standing over the bike looking forward). I turn it clock wise a few times. That seem to do the trick. I beleive the preload was set too light, so when you would compress the fork, it would casue it to clunk... Has anyone else experience this with any of the DJ series?
    I never had this problem with my 04 DJ II's...
    i've had the exact same problem but hav'ent cured it yet. i think its topping out, as if i hit a real rough patch on the trail, the fork is constantly tapping.i'm a big guy but i've never had the fork bottom out after a big drop its all small bump stuff and its getting annoying.

one question i have is does your forks reboud adjuster click when you turn it or just a smooth turn from plus to minus?

i drink shower water
    my zocchi bomber clicks. as for topping out either you are too heavy or your need put put some air in there. if they arent air adjustable then buy stiffer springs. remember turning rebound all the way to PLUS side will make it rebound slower. its wierd but its true, you would think itd be the other way. crank that rebound knob all the way to the plus side and see if that doesnt fix it.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

Jan 2004
    sounds like your screwed tell you what, to help you out if you have $100 and a 20 mil marz dj I will give you a rock shox Argyle 409. I think it's the 409....whatever it's the best one in the Argyle line up. Works flawlessly you can even test it out on my bike before you decide. 715-8808

ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
    this is old... i know... thanks for the reply's... i took care of it. just had to do some more adjustments...
    aka: akfreeridemtber; brian_404
    Just get out and, RIDE!!!
    www.facebook.com/shagwn007

Members who have read this thread: 0