2004 Susitna 100- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

2004 Susitna 100

Some photos from the start this morning...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jan 2004
    Wow, quite a variety of modes of transportation, gear hauling, et cetera. Thanks for posting those.

Ken

Beware of Doggerel

I'm famous now...

Second Photo down, that's me under the banner in the yellow and gray jacket, standing over my bike chatting it up with my wife before the start... Nice pics, what a good time...

Adam

mtbr member

Good job! How was the race?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    Second Photo down, that's me under the banner in the yellow and gray jacket, standing over my bike chatting it up with my wife before the start... Nice pics, what a good time...

Adam
    What kind of shape was the trail in? Did you have to push at all. I helped at the gear check/weight in.......maybe I checked your gear!!!!!
    Later,
    Dave

Beware of Doggerel

The trail

Quote Originally Posted by AkDave
    What kind of shape was the trail in? Did you have to push at all. I helped at the gear check/weight in.......maybe I checked your gear!!!!!
    Later,
    Dave
    Well the trail was good if you were on skis. It got up to about 42 degrees and rained a bit during the day. I pushed quite a bit here and there and then I pushed almost non-stop from 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm very little riding during this time. But once I hit the Yentna river I don't think I pushed at all. I heard that the temp dropped to around 0, it felt cold but at times, but it also got fast I even got into my big ring on the rivers very fast and everything was rideable. Overall the day belonged to the skiers. Results are posted on www.susitna100.com. The first skier came in a 12 hrs and 44mins. The first biker came in at 18hours and 30mins. For me the second half of the race was much much faster than the first half of the race. The best thing about the race is that almost everyone finished. Out of 80 starters 76 finished, I really think that is great.

You might have checked my gear I was the guy who showed up at the gear check without a lightsource. My lights were on my bike D'oh!! I did a quick re-check before the start.

Adam