When is airbornebicycles.com coming back online?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2015

When is airbornebicycles.com coming back online?

Seems strange to be down so long, they make good bikes for a great price. Hope business resumes.
    2015 Breezer Supercell Expert FS
    2015 REI Novara Ponderosa HT
    1991 Diamondback Apex Rigid

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Info is right here on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/Airborne.bikes/ They are transitioning to a new location.
    '15 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    '19 Karate Monkey
    Motobecane Boris
    Raleigh Willard 3, Furley & Militis 3 (SS)
    Nashbar Carbon Road

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Yeah i saw that, but leaves it up in the air, any eta?
    2015 Breezer Supercell Expert FS
    2015 REI Novara Ponderosa HT
    1991 Diamondback Apex Rigid

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by blkangel View Post
    Info is right here on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/Airborne.bikes/ They are transitioning to a new location.
    Right. The 5th was 5 days ago.

mtbr member
    they posted on facebook today that the site is almost ready to go up
    Just a dude being a dude in the woods & Owner of Newark Bike Shop an authorized Diamondback Dealer.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Diamondback Insight ( on the trainer )
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Just ordered my Toxin frame from Mike @ Airborne. He has been super helpful. If you need to place an order or have questions, hit him up through FaceBook.
    Just a dude being a dude in the woods & Owner of Newark Bike Shop an authorized Diamondback Dealer.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I just heard about this company , well at least the revamped version, a few weeks ago from a friend. The way he described them it seems like they offer a good deal for the money. But with the website down for the past month I cannot order or even see what their bikes are. I e-mailed them and they said to just call and order, but i do not know what they have to offer.

I am not sure how to view this company. If your only business is online direct sales and your website is offline for a month or longer, what does that say about your company? Why would you not have a website designed and ready to roll once the old one is taken offline? And why does it take so long to get a website back online?

Not sure if this is a company that I can trust. They do not seem to have their act together. Been waiting for the site to come back online so I can see what they have to offer but I may just have to move on and spend a bit extra on a bike from a company that seems more reliable.

mtbr member
    they're going through some transitions right now, so they're a tad on the slow side but they are working through it. I just bought my 4th bike from them, currently building my Toxin. I got a hold of them through FaceBook, asked tons of questions that were answered and placed my order and now that they're shipping out of Ohio, I got it in half the time.

If you are looking for a great bike at a reasonable price, have patience with them. It is worth it.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Yeah, selling bikes through Facebook while saying "call us to order" when a person can't get any info about the bikes easily seems incredibly unprofessional to me. I had thought about maybe getting a toxin for the little riding I do of that type , but I'll skip it and buy a used bike from someone else.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Although I agree that not having any information available about their product line makes it difficult to "call to order" (unless you know what you want already) ... could be my own ignorance but considering its the middle of winter probably best time for them to take a hiatus to make some changes? Also because they are a direct to consumer company, their website is really their only contact with the public, can't blame them for wanting to get it right. just my 2 cents.

mtbr member
    I understand your frustration and concern with not being able to research before you buy. That being said, I have two Airborne bikes and wouldn't hesitate to buy a third.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I agree as a direct to consumer company that their website is especially important. That's exactly why it being down is so surprising. Have u ever heard of Giant, Trek, Turner , Evil , transitions ( get what I'm saying) web site bring down for weeks and having someone say " order one through Facebook"? Not even bikesdirect.com does that.
    How is it that getting a web page done can possibly take so long? I was waiting for a company to release their snowmobiles for the next year. They said at a certain time, they would update their web site. You know what happened? At that time, the page was unavailable for about 15 seconds, then the new page was available.
    Different people have different expectations. The way a company does business is important to me, and in this case, I'll simply take my business elsewhere. I'm not mad about it or at the brand, it simply is what it is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKreitzer View Post
    I understand your frustration and concern with not being able to research before you buy. That being said, I have two Airborne bikes and wouldn't hesitate to buy a third.
    +1 on that, on my second n+1 Airborne as well and wish I had the money to buy a third!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Snopro440 View Post
    The way a company does business is important to me, and in this case, I'll simply take my business elsewhere. I'm not mad about it or at the brand, it simply is what it is.
    fair enough. I don't own an airborne so can't really comment either way on them, but I am interested in their bikes (and hopefully the new enduro....someday), even if my interest is largely based on bang for buck. This isn't a deal breaker for me, at least not yet.

Squ-eti
    I bought my first Airborne last February (Goblin EVO), and was super stoked to have got that level of bike for the price. Ran into some issues with the rear hub (not Airborne's fault, and Sun Ringle was responsive, super easy to work with, and got me going again quickly), and an issue with the frame that Airborne was quick to resolve (thanks guys!). A couple months ago I wholeheartedly would have recommended them to anyone looking for a great bike at an unbelieveable deal. But running out of bikes, not responding to customers via phone or email, having their website down for waaaayyyy to long...until they come back to life and prove me otherwise I can no longer recommend them because I just don't know where the company is at. Are they struggling financially? Has this whole charade been a going out of business sale with nothing to actually sell? Will they even be around 2 years from now? These are all questions Airborne would need to answer with some awesome answers before I invested again.
    "Trails? Where we're going we don't need, trails!"

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Maybe Huffy is pulling the plug on the brand?

I wish that I knew as i have a race in a couple of weeks and sort of need a new bike for it... I may have to look elsewhere for a new bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I too have been waiting patiently for their website to come back. I was also a little worried that they might be going out of business or something, but it doesn't appear that they are. I've heard from Mike at Airborne a few times, most recently this morning. He answered a few questions for me. I have also been looking elsewhere but haven't found another bike that compares, for the money. I'll be ordering a Goblin just as soon as I have the $$, regardless if the website is up or not.
    BTW, my buddy has an Evo and it's a fantastic bike. Our local MTB repair guru's have given it their blessing as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Regardless of whatever issues they are having, who takes their website completely offline before there's a new one? Even then, it's hours, not a month. Switching hosting companies or servers isn't a huge deal either. If the website was functional enough to sell the stock they had, why would you go offline? Rebranding?

Strange operating procedures for a commerce company.

I'll still keep an eye out for that enduro, if it ever surfaces. My Airborne is a heck of a bike for what I paid for it, but their methods and actions are a little strange.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mccartney7499 View Post
    I bought my first Airborne last February (Goblin EVO), and was super stoked to have got that level of bike for the price. Ran into some issues with the rear hub (not Airborne's fault, and Sun Ringle was responsive, super easy to work with, and got me going again quickly), and an issue with the frame that Airborne was quick to resolve (thanks guys!). A couple months ago I wholeheartedly would have recommended them to anyone looking for a great bike at an unbelieveable deal. But running out of bikes, not responding to customers via phone or email, having their website down for waaaayyyy to long...until they come back to life and prove me otherwise I can no longer recommend them because I just don't know where the company is at. Are they struggling financially? Has this whole charade been a going out of business sale with nothing to actually sell? Will they even be around 2 years from now? These are all questions Airborne would need to answer with some awesome answers before I invested again.
    I did they same thing (Goblin Evo last March) and I too feel uneasy about recommending them at this point. I'm not confident they'll be there if I have a warranty problem, for example, if one arises in the future. Still love my bike though!

mtbr member
    I have been in touch with Airborne just recently, I had no issues contacting them at all. I can't believe people are in such panic that the website hasn't been completed yet, and think the walls are coming down because of it. Yes, it would be nice to access the build specs of my new bike, but I can wait. I have patience.

EDIT: Are sticker sheets still available?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Jermey gone, Trevor gone, Erik gone, and now huffy cutting ties with them and being on there own hopefully they can make a go of it. Sux cuz they were a good suporter of local mtb riding in ohio but not in the past year.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just that I am ready to buy a new bike... maybe I do not have enough patience

It does seem odd that a brand that is online sales only would take their website down for over a month... I have never seen such a thing. It is their business so if they want to lose out on sales I guess it should not matter to me. I am trying to get information on the specs but not sure if the bike has changed any since the information that I see posted online is current; it seems that most reviews are from 3-4 years ago.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikerbill View Post
    Jermey gone, Trevor gone, Erik gone, and now huffy cutting ties with them and being on there own hopefully they can make a go of it. Sux cuz they were a good suporter of local mtb riding in ohio but not in the past year.
    Yikes. Where did you read that Huffy is cutting ties with them??

Squ-eti
    Quote Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
    I did they same thing (Goblin Evo last March) and I too feel uneasy about recommending them at this point. I'm not confident they'll be there if I have a warranty problem, for example, if one arises in the future. Still love my bike though!
    I've already had a warranty problem so I'm doubly worried!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The current situation makes more sense if that is true. It would also make me want to support them even more.

they appear to have possibly changed to a new website host, judging by the place marker at their web address right now.

mtbr member
    I have spoke with with each of those guys mtbikerbill mentioned on each of my purchases and yeah losing them is a great loss to the company.

I too own a small business, and I totally understand what Airborne is going through and hopefully they will pull out ahead. Speaking with one of the guys that's still there last week when I ordered my Toxin, He told me of some of the things they were going through,and it seems likely that it was very abrupt change that came out of nowhere and beyond control.

I think they will pull through, as long as they can keep their buying power and keep their price points where they have been.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by willisj76 View Post
    Yikes. Where did you read that Huffy is cutting ties with them??
    Many local people in there area know about it last month which is sad.

For locals in the area those three WERE the company and without them its the same name of it, but not teh same product or service or passion. why do you think they haven't relesed any new bikes in a year? No continuity. No ones picked up the ball.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Sucks. I was SO CLOSE to pulling the trigger on a Goblin but I'm not going to until I know what's going on with the company. It's a lot of $$ (for me anyway) and I don't want to risk a warranty issue down the line. Really hoping they bounce back, they make killer bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by willisj76 View Post
    Sucks. I was SO CLOSE to pulling the trigger on a Goblin but I'm not going to until I know what's going on with the company. It's a lot of $$ (for me anyway) and I don't want to risk a warranty issue down the line. Really hoping they bounce back, they make killer bikes.
    Most warranty claims are going to be through the component manufacture, not Airborne , unless a frame issue... but how likely is that? hell if they have one, I'd grab it / support them now.. prices may have to go up on newer stock ( if they lose buying power for deeper discounts )... m2c..

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPanaccione View Post
    Most warranty claims are going to be through the component manufacture, not Airborne , unless a frame issue... but how likely is that? hell if they have one, I'd grab it / support them now.. prices may have to go up on newer stock ( if they lose buying power for deeper discounts )... m2c..
    Nailed it.

Squ-eti
    Most warranty claims are going to be through the component manufacture, not Airborne , unless a frame issue... but how likely is that?
    not impossible. my EVO frame cracked at the seat tube in October with a little over 900 miles on it. Airborne hooked me up with a new frame at the time...who knows what would happen if something similar happened now or in the future.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I have a friend that cracked a frame as well. Was under warranty and he got a brand new bike. Wasn't Airborne but still...

mtbr member
    Hey everyone,
    Mike from Airborne here…Just wanted to take a minute and fill you in.

Airborne Bicycles is alive, well, better than ever and not going anywhere.

We have moved to a new location which is awesome and now have inventory in the same building which allows for same day shipping for most orders when placed before 3:00PM ET.

Our new website is almost ready to launch and will be much more user friendly than the previous site.

You can all still reach us for tech support, sales, or any other questions via phone, email, or Facebook.

Phone: 1-800-888-BIKE - Email: [email protected]

With that, we’re off to shred some snow on our Griffins!

[email protected]
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    Looking forward to the future of Airborne! Thanks for filling us in Mike, have a great ride!

Squ-eti
    Thanks for the good news Mike!

This post was starting to feel like a funeral.

Glad to hear Airborne still has life :-)

Squ-eti
    the new site is up...

no EVO, no HobGoblin, no Toxin.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    the new site is up...

It appears that the site still a work in progress... I would not make a final judgement on it yet

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks for weighing in here Mike. I'm sure this was a frustrating enough situation for you without having people like me complaining about it. The good thing is that it appears that you have a somewhat passionate fan base and people that really want to buy your product. Ill be purchasing a bike as soon as the site is fully functional... good luck on the future of Airborne

Squ-eti
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinmartian View Post
    It appears that the site still a work in progress... I would not make a final judgement on it yet
    I thought the same thing, or at least I hoped it. Just pointing out what's missing because the bikes missing are the ones alot of folks are interested in.

It's also possible we won't see those models again until the updated 2016 models are revealed.

mtbr member
    the new site is up...

we're keeping the site populated what is currently available, as fresh product rolls in we will add it to the site...
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Not a whole lot on the site as far as information, just this explanation:

"In 2016, we broke free and found our Safe Haven. A ride down a new trail!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhuette View Post

What's to explain? Company moved, revamped the website, service and support were only a phone call/email away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhuette View Post

New trails are awesome!
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    What's to explain? Company moved, revamped the website, service and support were only a phone call/email away.
    Well lets see how this spring and summer go. When I first became interested in Airborne 4 years ago, they had a great reputation as a small company that made awesome bikes for a ridiculous low price.

2 years later when I was finally able to buy (and Huffy had come on board), things had changed. You could still get a great bike at a great price IF it was in stock, IF you could get a hold of them, and IF it was ever shipped.

Most of us have thought (im assuming) of abandoning ship in the last year and a half. The quality of the bikes, and the nitch of owning something that isnt a Trek or a Specialized kept us here till now.

I am glad Huffy is gone. From what I have seen it added NOTHING to Airborne. I can handle paying a little more now, if they fix their website (which they seem to have done), actually participate online in discussions, and answer their damn phones. Lets get back to the company we had 4 years ago.

The people who are gone will be missed, but new people can take up the reigns and build a repour with us fans.

I am looking for a race bike to add to my quiver this spring. My EVO is simply the best bike ive ever ridden; so Airborne is my first choice for my race season. Im keeping my fingers crossed that we have crossed a new frontier. I am certainly capable of selling a lot of bikes for Airborne. I have a TON of biking friends and a huge social media profile. The only thing that has been holding me back the last year has been the "issues". If that is changing I couldnt be more excited.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pattongb View Post
    Well lets see how this spring and summer go. When I first became interested in Airborne 4 years ago, they had a great reputation as a small company that made awesome bikes for a ridiculous low price.

2 years later when I was finally able to buy (and Huffy had come on board), things had changed. You could still get a great bike at a great price IF it was in stock, IF you could get a hold of them, and IF it was ever shipped.

Most of us have thought (im assuming) of abandoning ship in the last year and a half. The quality of the bikes, and the nitch of owning something that isnt a Trek or a Specialized kept us here till now.

I am glad Huffy is gone. From what I have seen it added NOTHING to Airborne. I can handle paying a little more now, if they fix their website (which they seem to have done), actually participate online in discussions, and answer their damn phones. Lets get back to the company we had 4 years ago.

The people who are gone will be missed, but new people can take up the reigns and build a repour with us fans.

I am looking for a race bike to add to my quiver this spring. My EVO is simply the best bike ive ever ridden; so Airborne is my first choice for my race season. Im keeping my fingers crossed that we have crossed a new frontier. I am certainly capable of selling a lot of bikes for Airborne. I have a TON of biking friends and a huge social media profile. The only thing that has been holding me back the last year has been the "issues". If that is changing I couldnt be more excited.
    To be truthful, and these are mostly all things I have posted in the past here when I was employed by Airborne....

Huffy had owned the Airborne name since it acquired the brand from Jamie back in the late 90's, and brought it back out from it dormancy in 2010. It was Huffy's idea to re-invigorate an otherwise dormant brand. It was Huffy's capital, buying power, and warehousing/distributing that made it possible for Airborne to have the groundwork to succeed. Huffy left us (I mean "us" as in when I was there) to do what we thought best to operate as a small, rider-influenced company to create product that didn't have the huge mark-up of larger brands like Trek, Specialized, etc. Huffy's execs knew nothing of what it took to make a proper 29er, DH rig, etc..but they trusted us as the experts to do what was needed to be done, and they helped us by offering the warehousing and capital backing that didn't show on the P&L and helped with operating profit #'s.

To blame Huffy for any issues Airborne may have had in the past 12 months in regards to communication here, on the phones, and via email isn't really on the mark. Nor is it Huffy's issue in regards in not having product on hand or forecasting properly.

I hope they can make it on their own now.

That's all I will say, and now I am bowing out from answering any more questions about Airborne products and their issues. I've been answering many, many, (many)private messages for the past year here in regards to spec, issues, why they don't answer emails, etc out of a feeling that I've owed it to folks that bought product from the core group of guys that were there and to support my friends that were still there. Now that Eric and Trevor are out of the picture, and I feel like I've done my best to strike a balance between doing what's right and saying what I really think, I am now done.

I wish them all the best, and please direct any questions from now on to Mike. I hope that he is able to maintain a presence here on this form, on email and on Facebook that helps customers feel like they are buying good product from real people that ride and care about bikes.

All the best,

Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

mtbr member
    Jeremy, thank you for all your help!

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just my input after owing a Goblin for over a year and I will make this very brief.

1. You will not find a better spec'd bike for the money that is new.
    2. Back when I got my bike I ordered from Jeremy and he was extremely helpful and made the process very stress free.
    3. My only complaints about the bike, especially after riding other bikes, is this...
    - The Elixir brakes are fun stealers. They stop fine but are loud and and constantly require some sort of cleaning, sanding or pads to quiet them even for a short while (at least this was the case with me weighing 205 pounds).
    - I believe that the 9mm Qr on the front is not enough for a 29" wheel. After riding it and many other bikes in the mean time, I could not believe the difference a thru-axle makes. My bike now has Shimano brakes (what a difference) and a 15mm thru-axle and I will never own a Elixir/9mmQR bike again.

Again, I want to stress it is a great product for the money and the Goblin served its purpose for me at the time, but after riding other bikes with different equipment, I am glad mine has been sold.

I hope the new company is successful and helps new and old riders get on bikes. I like meeting new people on the trails and seeing folks having fun. Everyone lives at a different level of income. I am not a brand snob...I like to see people on the trails no matter if they are on $500 bikes or $5k bikes. Airborne has the ability to serve a wide range of riders if they can just keep the faith of the customer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    To be truthful, and these are mostly all things I have posted in the past here when I was employed by Airborne....

Huffy had owned the Airborne name since it acquired the brand from Jamie back in the late 90's, and brought it back out from it dormancy in 2010. It was Huffy's idea to re-invigorate an otherwise dormant brand. It was Huffy's capital, buying power, and warehousing/distributing that made it possible for Airborne to have the groundwork to succeed. Huffy left us (I mean "us" as in when I was there) to do what we thought best to operate as a small, rider-influenced company to create product that didn't have the huge mark-up of larger brands like Trek, Specialized, etc. Huffy's execs knew nothing of what it took to make a proper 29er, DH rig, etc..but they trusted us as the experts to do what was needed to be done, and they helped us by offering the warehousing and capital backing that didn't show on the P&L and helped with operating profit #'s.

To blame Huffy for any issues Airborne may have had in the past 12 months in regards to communication here, on the phones, and via email isn't really on the mark. Nor is it Huffy's issue in regards in not having product on hand or forecasting properly.

I hope they can make it on their own now.

That's all I will say, and now I am bowing out from answering any more questions about Airborne products and their issues. I've been answering many, many, (many)private messages for the past year here in regards to spec, issues, why they don't answer emails, etc out of a feeling that I've owed it to folks that bought product from the core group of guys that were there and to support my friends that were still there. Now that Eric and Trevor are out of the picture, and I feel like I've done my best to strike a balance between doing what's right and saying what I really think, I am now done.

I wish them all the best, and please direct any questions from now on to Mike. I hope that he is able to maintain a presence here on this form, on email and on Facebook that helps customers feel like they are buying good product from real people that ride and care about bikes.

All the best,

Jeremy
    Jeremy thank you for all you have done. You have been very professional and very kind to Airborne at a time it would have been easy for you to show malice.

I apologize for not knowing the real history of Huffy's involvement. Its a shame its come to this, but people were deriding me when I kept saying that Airbones lack of communication over the last 2 years was a sign of a big problem.

The fact that the brand was once idle, picked up by a major company and could not be successful with that companies backing does NOT bode well for Airbornes future now that they are again on their own.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt for this spring and summer. Meanwhile Jeremy you will be greatly missed.

Jeremy if at some time you see a message in your inbox from me, you have my word that it will only be to say "Hi" and to see how your doing. If you want to talk Airborne I will leave you to break the ice, otherwise I approach you in the future only with best intent.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks Jeremy,
    You done' good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a conundrum here... I really want to use my tax refund money to buy myself a Goblin. I've been lusting after one ever since I decided to get a little more serious about riding, and this will be my first "real" bike (I currently ride a GT Timberline that I found on Craigslist). My problem is that I'm a bigger guy (6' tall and around 220lbs), and right now the website only has 18" bikes available. I'm worried that might be too small for me, but I'm also worried that the 20" bikes may never be available again. I just feel like I can't pass up the opportunity to get a bike that's set up with such great components for the money, but I don't want a bike that doesn't fit me. I've looked for other bikes that are spec'd similarly, but the price is nowhere near the cost of the Goblin.

Thanks for helping a newb!

mtbr member
    The main measurement I would be worried about is your inseam for stand over height.
    With the shoes you wear to ride with on, stand against a wall, place a book between your legs to simulate the top bar and mark the wall, then measure. Use that measurement to get the right stand over. As far as reach goes, you'll have to play with stem sizes and saddle position to dial in.

EDIT:
    from what I found on old posts stand over heights for the Goblin/Seeker ( same exact frames ) are:

16= 27"
    18= 30.5"
    20= 31.5"
    22= 32.5"

Hope that helps

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    When is airbornebicycles.com  coming back online?-noooo.jpg
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '17 Scott Speedster CX20
    12 Scott Foil Team

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Excellent! Thanks man! I appreciate the imput. Hopefully we're all just being paranoid and impatient, and they're really just waiting until Spring to roll out all kinds of new products. We'll see I guess!

mtbr member
    It may not be a bad idea to get stack and reach numbers to share with others as a guide. I could offer up the medium Goblin and large Griffin S&R numbers once I get some measurements.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    This is a huge help guys. Thanks! My standover height is 31", so I'm right between the 18" and the 20". I think I'll just wait and hopefully both are in stock when I'm actually ready to purchase. Does anyone know if it's possible to test ride their bikes at all? I live in Columbus, OH, so it really wouldn't be hard to make a quick trip to their HQ in Dayton.

mtbr member
    PM Midwestxmike, he works at Airborne and is better equipped to answer that question as well as your fitment needs. He's a great guy, spoke with him a few times. You can also message him on Facebook from their page.

My personal bikes:
    Airborne Seeker
    Airborne HobGoblin
    Airborne Goblin
    Airborne Toxin
    Evo Vantage 7.0

mtbr member
    PM Midwestxmike, he works at Airborne and is better equipped to answer that question as well as your fitment needs. He's a great guy, spoke with him a few times. You can also message him on Facebook from their page.
    I sent a PM, Thanks!
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I would be more concerned with ETT length than stand over but that is just me. My Airborne fit great regarding stand over but the bike was way to short.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Any update on the Evo? I see that it's not on their site as it was last year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitr0 View Post
    Any update on the Evo? I see that it's not on their site as it was last year.
    New version will be here this spring.
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cburgin View Post
    I would be more concerned with ETT length than stand over but that is just me. My Airborne fit great regarding stand over but the bike was way to short.
    This is what my noooooo was about. ETT or stack/reach is a better way to fit a bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    '12 Scott Spark 29 Team
    '13 Scott Scale 970
    '11 Scott Speedster S20
    '17 Scott Speedster CX20
    12 Scott Foil Team