What's up with the Airborne company lately?- Mtbr.com
    ≈ > ♥

What's up with the Airborne company lately?

I'm posting this up for a friend. He is unable to make an MTBR account for himself, possibly because he's active military and currently on-base?

He has an Airborne Toxin frame. Loves it to death.

A bit ago, we were riding together, and the thrustlink in his suspension snapped in half on a very small jump. I was taking pics, and watched it happen.

He has since tried contacting Airborne multiple times to warranty the part, or purchase a new one outright. He's tried on their facebook page, as well as contacting them through email. He's tried multiple times.

No response from them anywhere.

A few riders here and based with him have purchased the frame based on his recommendation.

It's kind of crap that the company won't reply to him...

Who on this forum page works for the company? Feel free to post up, or shoot me a PM.
    He's itching to get back out on his bike ASAP, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pic attached for identification purposes.

Thanks

What's up with the Airborne company lately?-ashtardslinkage.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    From a comment on an instragram post, they listed the following number to call:

1-800-888-2453

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA2DMnONR5G/

mtbr member
    You can call 1-800-888-2453 or email [email protected]
    I have not seen any emails come through with this description or these photos attached. Please have him send the Email Attn: Mike and we will get him squared away!

-Mike
    Braaap!

≈ > ♥
    Awesome, I'll pass on the info. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

????? Whats going on?

I'm friends with the OP and guy waiting on his part. Airborne emailed him nearly a month ago claiming a new part was sent and nothing has show up.

Can anyone give any kind of update? In the past he was able to get replacement parts within a week or so. This is getting pretty ridiculous

mtbr member
    if the new part hasn't shown up we'd expect an email. We would like to make sure everyone is riding.
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    He's been emailing your company asking where the part is with no response

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Not a whole lot of attempts to actually communicate with customers. Can we get someone to actually answer him rather than just copy paste a message for three months?

What's up with the Airborne company lately?-1.jpgWhat's up with the Airborne company lately?-2.jpgWhat's up with the Airborne company lately?-3.jpgWhat's up with the Airborne company lately?-4.jpgWhat's up with the Airborne company lately?-5.jpgWhat's up with the Airborne company lately?-6.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Wow. That is pretty bad customer service. I have Goblin (still in fantastic condition) and based upon a few recent threads pertaining to a gross lack of communication (and a real lack of inventory [Goblin] on Airborne's website) I am beginning to think this experiment in online bicycle purchasing is nearing its end. I am seriously thinking about purchasing a Specialized and swapping out some of the components on my Goblin to the Specialized. I prefer a solid company that not only has a firm future but also has the financial ability to support it's product. Specialized "ain't" going anywhere, I'm not so sure about Airborne.

Let the buyer beware!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    Wow. That is pretty bad customer service. I have Goblin (still in fantastic condition) and based upon a few recent threads pertaining to a gross lack of communication (and a real lack of inventory [Goblin] on Airborne's website) I am beginning to think this experiment in online bicycle purchasing is nearing its end. I am seriously thinking about purchasing a Specialized and swapping out some of the components on my Goblin to the Specialized. I prefer a solid company that not only has a firm future but also has the financial ability to support it's product. Specialized "ain't" going anywhere, I'm not so sure about Airborne.

Let the buyer beware!
    His interaction with Airborne mirrors my own, and my dad's whom I recommended Airborne to when he wanted to buy one. I've moved on from the company. I gave my old Guardian to my son to beat on and bought a Raleigh Tokul.

I don't think buying bikes online is ending. Other companies are coming in and ramping up. For whatever reason, Airborne has had a hard time finding their legs.

I also think the price gap is closing. You can find a killer end of year deal at a bike store these days, and even online like Jenson. Pricepoint is absolutely blowing their bikes out because they are probably going out of business.

In the end, none of this is surprising to me.

Hope your friend get's it worked out so he can ride his bike.

≈ > ♥
    Man, it's too bad.

Over the last year, his bike has been up and running for only a couple months.

1st the big red link broke on him. They responded and shipped him a new one after a few tries. Took a while, but they came through eventually for him.
    After installing the new red link, the small black one broke almost right away, and he's been trying for months(!) to get it rectified.

It's a fairly straightforward part to have machined up.
    I think we'll make a solid unit for him instead of the hollow Airborne part that is apparently too weak.

Will be sure to machine it in the shape of a cock, as that is prettymuch what the opinion of the company is right now...

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Man, sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I was looking at getting an Airborne but after reading this I think I'll steer clear from this company. Horrible customer service is a sure-fire way to tank a company. I'm going to stick with a company that won't screw me like Airborne seems to be good at doing lately. There are plenty of other quality companies that will appreciate the extra business from airborne failing. I'll be sure to let everyone know not to do business with airborne.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartinkc View Post
    Man, sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I was looking at getting an Airborne but after reading this I think I'll steer clear from this company. Horrible customer service is a sure-fire way to tank a company. I'm going to stick with a company that won't screw me like Airborne seems to be good at doing lately. There are plenty of other quality companies that will appreciate the extra business from airborne failing. I'll be sure to let everyone know not to do business with airborne.
    Yeah...the company representatives seem to be saying one thing while observable evidence is pointing to something quite different. It's almost like a patient with terminal cancer denying that they have cancer. Sad. Just look at statements from a different thread (Its 3 days to spring: Where is Airborne?) in which Airborne asserted that their inventory of Goblins would be replenished in June 2016. Go to their website. Goblins are out of stock. They do have stock on the Griffin, Guardian and Seeker but none of the other bikes they claimed they would have stock on.

Okay if that were the only issue that would be understandable but the lack of communication is totally unacceptable. Like I stated above...my Goblin is still in great shape but that's because I take care of my things...I don't do crazy stuff. However, something is bound to go wrong and I don't like how Airborne is handling customer service. I will definitely be moving on. Hey, they made their money off of me and that's all that really counts, right? I will be supporting a company (Specialized or Trek) who takes their business seriously and has a customer service presence.

I get that my post may sound strange since I haven't had any issues with my Goblin but this whole thread and Airborne's dropping the ball SEVERAL times with more than one customer has gotten me torqued. I'm not into just getting the best deal I can on whatever I buy. I also need to know the company is solid and will stand behind its products. If I wanted the best deal I could get without worrying about quality I would have just purchased a bike from Walmart.

mtbr member
    Jeremy left at the right time. It's a sinking ship. Too bad. Airborne really had something good.
    He who dares....wins!

mtbr member
    Let me take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Jesse Klein and it is now my responsibility and privilege to handle everything related to Airborne customer service. Airborne has always been made up of a small group of people and we are now part of Safe Haven Brands, which consists of Airborne, DK Bicycles, and System Cycle Supply, all under one roof. I personally have been with DK/System for well over 15 years, including the Airborne brand for over the past 3 years.

If you need to contact Airborne for any reason, you can now call our main line at (800) 332-9237, Monday through Friday 8 am until 5 pm EST. We will be discontinuing the current Airborne phone number for a few reasons, primarily because the original number is one digit off from American General Insurance which has caused some problems and confusion. Using the main System Cycle line will allow us to help better serve you in a quick and timely manner -which you deserve.

As for Airborne, we are fully stocked on the Guardian, the Seeker, and the Griffin. We are expecting Goblins and Goblin EVO's to be here mid to late August, as well as a few other models that will be out in the near future. We are super excited with the new products coming and canít wait to ride them. Yup, everyone involved with the company rides!

Looking forward to hearing from you and giving you the customer service you expect -

Jesse,
    Direct: (937) 550-9407
    Main toll free: (800) 332-9237
    Email: [email protected]

The Safe Haven Crew
    Name:  SHB.jpg
Views: 1722
Size:  182.4 KB

mtbr member
    Welcome Jesse! Airborne will always have my support!

CoolArrow
    Hi Jesse, welcome to the forum! Looking forward to what Airborne brings next!
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard Ė website

mtbr member
    Thanks Jesse for getting out the Griffin hangars I was waiting on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Jesse,

I do appreciate you coming on the forum and responding to concerns that have been raised. Really, I do. I know transition is difficult and I appreciate having to weather that. However, a lack of responsiveness, or a customer receiving a robot reply to an email, just isn't cool. I don't know if y'all are full-time employees or if y'all are trying to handle things part-time until the dust settles but it really isn't asking to much to have someone bird dogging the email account to make sure things are handled properly and in a timely manner, especially for an internet based company.

Listen, the fact is the matter is this...my Goblin is a great bike (I think I paid $1100 for it) and is spec'd out better than a Specialized Stumpjumper Comp at $2000 base. The Goblin is a great bike and I have had no issues with it but, as an Airborne customer, I need to know that Airborne is here for the long haul and is serious about customer service. When I read things that prompted this thread and other threads where concerns are raised about the viability of the company I get concerned. It's not just Airborne. I would be concerned about owning a Ford (I own two) if there were rumors that Ford was on shaky ground. As a consumer you want to know that the product you own is backed by a solid company.

I trust that things will get more smooth, that y'all will settle in, and things will be "business as usual".

Good luck! We are all counting on you!

Rob

mtbr member
    Rob, I fully understand. That's why I stepped up and wanted to take over the customer service. That is something that is pretty important to me, on both sides, weather it's the service I can offer or the service I expect. That is why I wanted to help out. One complaint I always heard was how slow the shipping time was from once the order was placed to the time it left to the time the customer received the tracking info. Sometimes it was 2-3 days from once the order was received till it was shipped out. With the new site we launched, and having the product in out warehouse, we are able to ship most orders the same day, as long as it's placed before 3:30pm EST. We have confirmed some orders (receiving the order, picking, processing, and emailing the tracking number) in minutes. I see that as a win, personally I get stoked knowing we can now offer that. I plan on doing the same with the customer service. For DK, I often check emails, Facebook, Instagram, online forums all the time, I plan on doing the same for Airborne and offering the same type of service I have done for 15+ years. This isn't a temporary fix or part time gig, I've been around Airborne for the last 5 years, helping out for 3, and now I get to step up full time to rep the brand.

Looking foward to posting more on the board here,
    Jesse
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Jesse glad to see you on here now. I'm reaaaalllllyyy excited to see how the goblin EVO looks and you can pretty much mark me down for a large the day they are available. I missed the boat on the last run of them and have been anxiously waiting to hear some news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Thanks Skeeter! I'm pretty excited as well.

For the EVO, as soon as I have a photo and confirmed delivery date Ill get them up on the site for Pre Order.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse4130 View Post
    Thanks Skeeter! I'm pretty excited as well.

For the EVO, as soon as I have a photo and confirmed delivery date Ill get them up on the site for Pre Order.
    Right on! I saw the teaser shot on Facebook and the new color scheme looks pretty sweet. And if you guys need a crash test dummy to see how it holds up in the rocky/hot as hell Phoenix area I could probably help

mtbr member
    Jesse its great to hear from you! I hope your the real deal and you follow through on actually being responsive to the biking community. Airborne has a special place in a lot of hearts, including my own, and most of us want to see them succeed.

The Airborne culture has GOT TO CHANGE. It sounds like you realize that. They made promises to us last winter and have not followed up on any of them except one (more Seekers I believe). There has been no new FS, no new Goblin XO, or even a new shipment of the old Goblin. The EVO, reworked supposedly is still not available for even pre order. Now we are told late August for most these things, and frankly who would believe you? I dont know about other parts of the country but around here the bike race season is 3/4 done. I know not all your bike buyers are racers, but getting bikes in stock is a lot more important in April than it is near September.

I myself was excited for the new FS and was looking forward to racing one this year. So theres another sale missed for Airborne. Hell if they just would have come back with a restock of the Goblin or the Goblin XO I probably would have just pulled the trigger on one of those.

This is the time Jesse for Airborne to show the community that it is indeed still alive as a company and is not terminally ill. You can do that by being actively engaged every single day. I know thats asking a lot, but look, if I call bikesdirect.com today, someones gonna answer the phone. So will they on Saturday and on Sunday. If I post on Facebook they are going to respond within 24 hours. Noone is going around saying "BD is on its death bed apparently...". You can make it that way too for Airborne.

I have my fingers crossed. I absolutely LOVE my EVO and would be a lifetime Airborne customer if I can trust them. I have a lot of bikes to buy in my future. I want a whole quiver in my garage. Im a brand ambassadar and a brand loyalist. Been that way my whole life, whether with shoes, or tennis rackets or cars. Id love to open my garage door and see nothing but Airbornes. Id love to be asked about my Airborne bikes at my local trails (get asked about my EVO all the time). I tell people on the local trails and at my races that the EVO is hands down the best bike ive ever ridden. And ive owned some top brand high end bikes.

Heres to you Jesse. Heres to all of us Airborne fans. Lets go forward with a sunny horizon and a rooty, rocky, dusty single track in front of us, an Airborne between our legs and a smile on our faces.....
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pattongb View Post
    Jesse its great to hear from you! I hope your the real deal and you follow through on actually being responsive to the biking community. Airborne has a special place in a lot of hearts, including my own, and most of us want to see them succeed.

The Airborne culture has GOT TO CHANGE. It sounds like you realize that. They made promises to us last winter and have not followed up on any of them except one (more Seekers I believe). There has been no new FS, no new Goblin XO, or even a new shipment of the old Goblin. The EVO, reworked supposedly is still not available for even pre order. Now we are told late August for most these things, and frankly who would believe you? I dont know about other parts of the country but around here the bike race season is 3/4 done. I know not all your bike buyers are racers, but getting bikes in stock is a lot more important in April than it is near September.

I myself was excited for the new FS and was looking forward to racing one this year. So theres another sale missed for Airborne. Hell if they just would have come back with a restock of the Goblin or the Goblin XO I probably would have just pulled the trigger on one of those.

This is the time Jesse for Airborne to show the community that it is indeed still alive as a company and is not terminally ill. You can do that by being actively engaged every single day. I know thats asking a lot, but look, if I call bikesdirect.com today, someones gonna answer the phone. So will they on Saturday and on Sunday. If I post on Facebook they are going to respond within 24 hours. Noone is going around saying "BD is on its death bed apparently...". You can make it that way too for Airborne.

I have my fingers crossed. I absolutely LOVE my EVO and would be a lifetime Airborne customer if I can trust them. I have a lot of bikes to buy in my future. I want a whole quiver in my garage. Im a brand ambassadar and a brand loyalist. Been that way my whole life, whether with shoes, or tennis rackets or cars. Id love to open my garage door and see nothing but Airbornes. Id love to be asked about my Airborne bikes at my local trails (get asked about my EVO all the time). I tell people on the local trails and at my races that the EVO is hands down the best bike ive ever ridden. And ive owned some top brand high end bikes.

Heres to you Jesse. Heres to all of us Airborne fans. Lets go forward with a sunny horizon and a rooty, rocky, dusty single track in front of us, an Airborne between our legs and a smile on our faces.....
    I agree with everything you've written.

mtbr member
    Pattongb,

A lot of that is easier said than done, many factors put those time frames out longer that we wanted and expected. What ever promises were made are still in the works. Before, we were part of a large corporation, with that comes a lot of extra help, scheduling production, delivery of containers, the day to day operations. We are a small crew, along with "customer service", I am also responsible for much more that places like BD most likely has several departments for.

Yes, Griffins were already in stock, Guardians, and Seekers spec was the same so reordering was easy. Newer models need alot more work. We have an order of new Goblins and Goblins EVO that should arrive on 8/25. The Plague, the FS Enduro, is planned to arrive in our warehouse around the end of September, still waiting on that date to be confirmed.

The old Airborne number is done, its one number off from some insurance company that gets calls all day long. After the 4th of July holiday weekend we came back to 60+ voice mails of people wanting to check on their claim. To reach Airborne you can call System Cycle or my direct line (posted earlier), if you call and don't get an answer, leave a message, you will get a call back. Now sorry, we are not open on the weekends so phone calls wont be answered till Monday. I try to keep an eye on emails, FB, IG, etc and answer what I can over the weekend, but some questions need me to be here to get the correct answer.

Airborne is still going, slowly but surely. We appreciate the support, lots of dedicated Airborne fans out there. We work our hardest to keep doing what we love.

Jesse

mtbr member
    Had an issue with a loose chainring bolt that became a broken chainring bolt. Spoke with Matt who was very helpful and got me out a replacement quickly. Thanks again for the great service!

mtbr member
    Got to thank the amazing dudes over at SRAM for the help they offer us as well!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    the hobgoblin (FS goblin) is also coming or the only fs will be the plague?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by autopilot View Post
    the hobgoblin (FS goblin) is also coming or the only fs will be the plague?
    A revised HobGoblin is something we have been working on, but its a ways out. The Plague is the next FS bike to arrive.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    FYI: Goblin's are back in stock on the Airborne site for anyone looking for one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
    FYI: Goblin's are back in stock on the Airborne site for anyone looking for one
    And the color is freaking fantastic!

I asked on FB if I could trade in my Plague...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    And the color is freaking fantastic!

I asked on FB if I could trade in my Plague...
    You're talking about the new 27.5" EVO, that bike looks really fun. Now that Ive got photos, may be time to get it dirty!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse4130 View Post
    You're talking about the new 27.5" EVO, that bike looks really fun. Now that Ive got photos, may be time to get it dirty!
    BINGO - That bike would rock the desert landscape!! I really love the silver flake, you guys really did a fantastic job on this bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    The paint is so much better than the old blue! My Evo is my first 29er and I actually really like the big tires (previous bike had 26). I don't know how to compare components. I don't have any complaints with my old Evo other than that the brakes are finicky and require a lot of attention to keep quiet. Does this look like an upgrade in specs or a sideways move? (Esp fork & brakes?)

eff
    mtbr member
    I may be the only one, but I love the blue of the old EVO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I liked the blue much better as well.