What Size Evo?- Mtbr.com

Thread: What Size Evo?

mtbr member

What Size Evo?

I will be purchasing an EVO in the next few days. I need to know what size to order.

I am 5-10 1/2, however in a Specialized I ride a 19". I had a 17.5 Giant and it was too small, SO im concerned the 18" Evo wont be tall enough. However Airborne doesnt have a 19" so id have to go 20".

Thoughts?

Also whats the best way to measure my stand over?
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    I would consider the 20" myself, I am 5'10" as well, with a 34" inseam. I currently ride an 18, but know the 20 would fit me much better (which is why I am going to be ordering another frame here soon). Even if the frame is a bit too big, I can always shorten the stem, add wider bars and so on. Standover isn't the best way to fit for a bike though. I would suggest calling Airborne, and talk it over with them to make sure you get the right sized bike. Here is a guideline on how to measure for your MTB.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

What Size Evo?

Email airborne customer support like I did. I'm 6 foot 2 1/2 and would have bet that I needed a 22 inch since I was riding a trek 21 inch. They recommended a 20 inch Evo and it fits me perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I 5 11 with a 32 inseam. I have always liked shorter bikes. I ran 17 inch 26ers all the time. I was concerned when I swapped to 29ers. After owning 3 (only one was a Airborne) 29ers I feel at home on my 18" Evo. I know I fall right on the cut off for 18/20 but I always go for the smaller size for my taste. Just my opinion.

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    I'm in between the L/XL frame sizes and went with the xl(rockhopper) about 5yrs ago. I've since went to a short (30mm) stem and 30" 0 rise bars and it is just a touch to long, but so close to perfect. The stem can't get much shorter without some rise and I don't want the front any higher, so rise is out.
    For my next whip(goblin evo), I'm thinking about trying the size down and longer stem to fit, shorter wb is more fun on the trails anyhow. Just my opinion of course.
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper expert 29
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    I just realized I've spent 5 years, and lots of $, trying to get this perfect! Lol
    I NEED to justify that Goblin EVO purchase with my wife.
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper expert 29
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez