Van Nicholas Bikes - the New Airborne for Europe! 29" content- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Van Nicholas Bikes - the New Airborne for Europe! 29" content

I came across a post in the custom builders forum about Van Nicholas Custom bikes - looks like they are the European offshoot from the former Airborne (vs. Flyte bikes in the US).

They have a 29er frame listed - the Toureg 29" - looks to be a pretty well crafted Ti frame.

I didn't do any currency conversion, and I'm not sure if they would even sell to North America, but it looks to be another nice option out there, especially for Europeans.

Does anyone have more info on this company??

Here's a look:

Recovering couch patato
    Trying the .com trick worked. In their About Us the founder signed his name, and Google turned that back as a (former?) head of Airborne Europe.

This was new to me. Cool! Not too sure about sticking your own name to a toptube though, but that's just preference.

Too bad that Tuareg is only goes up to 19.5", or custom. Custom's nicely priced though (€1249 over €1099). On the other hand, the 14" might be nice for some, 545mm ETT.

http://www.vannicholas.com/WbmBikeHo...RdJZZ1WJEJw%3d

70 headtube's throughout, a likely candidate for an On-One Carbon fork with lots of offset, or even some custom. With a suspension fork it will handle quite slowly, could be great for European marathons.

Interestingly, they spec BB drop 3.6. Many Touring bikes in Europe get such numbers, based on 26" geometry. Hardly a surprise, when you look at the 26" Tuareg specs, they're the same. Just shainstay and wheelbase seems to differ. Even BB drop is the same. Something's not right, either the specs for the frame they sell, or the design filosophy behind the 2 bikes.
    Last edited by Cloxxki; 04-20-2006 at 10:20 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0