Typical shipping times?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Typical shipping times?

Whats the typical shipping time for Airborne? Not the time to receive the bike but the time for them to get it shipped? I ordered the bike early last wednesday and kind of expected it to have been shipped by now. From what i understand, their inventory is boxed and ready to go in their warehouse.

And why cant anyone at airborne pick up a phone or return an email? 5 calls, 2 voicemails, and 2 emails with no response (mostly with pre-purchase questions that were answered on here so no big deal there, but still frustrating). Starting to make me rethink the purchase, only because what good is warranty or assitance if you cant get in touch with anyone?
    Has this become the norm for them or is it just because they were at sea otter?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    My guess is you will see it today or tomorrow. They were radio silent during my shipment and it was delivered 3 business days later.

mtbr member
    cool, good to know sometimes they dont update the shipping. Although it would be nice to know where it was, and that it has indeed shipped.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    It's also Sea Otter weekend and they, along with every bike company, have been out of the office since at,east Thursday (probably Wednesday). They are usually good with shipping though. Has your CC been charged? They charge at shipment.

mtbr member
    Credit card was charged the day I ordered it. Maybe it shipped that day?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I received mine before I got the shipping info, but I live very close to the warehouse they ship from.

mtbr member
    they ship from california right? I'm outside houston, tx so its a pretty good distance away. Do they ship signature required? Kinda hard to know when to be around if theres no shipping info.

Sawyer Gnome
    Yes, shipping is signature required. Furthermore, it must be YOUR signature, not someone else's at your home. Annoying, but I get why they do it. I never got a tracking number for mine; just a note on the door the first time FedEx tried to drop it off a few days after placing the order.
    Evil The Following
    Raleigh XXIX SS

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuzzy View Post
    Yes, shipping is signature required. Furthermore, it must be YOUR signature, not someone else's at your home. Annoying, but I get why they do it. I never got a tracking number for mine; just a note on the door the first time FedEx tried to drop it off a few days after placing the order.
    This isn't true. I didn't even have it delivered to my house. I had it delivered to my parent's house because I knew I wouldn't be home to catch it. My mom signed for it when it was my name on the package.

Sawyer Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by porkpistol View Post
    This isn't true. I didn't even have it delivered to my house. I had it delivered to my parent's house because I knew I wouldn't be home to catch it. My mom signed for it when it was my name on the package.

FedEx told me a different story when I called them. That would've made it much easier!

I had to get them to hold it at a facility until I could get there.
    Evil The Following
    Raleigh XXIX SS

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I've been calling and emailing since Last Thursday without a response. I've been trying to order but had a few questions first. I understand they are busy but at some point it becomes a concern if you get someone on the phone from a company that you can only buy the bike online.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    They were at Sea Otter all weekend, pry since Wednesday. I bet they are just getting back in the office. Have you noticed all the Sea Otter stuff? Try giving them a call today and see. Can you imagine about a weeks worth of emails to get through?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Just to throw in my 2 cents I ordered a bike and it took a lil over two weeks to come in, there was an issue with the warehouse and fed ex, after I got ahold of Eric he was able to get the situation sorted out and I had my seeker with in 2 business days. This is probably their busiest time of year and they are a small company, their track record with customer service should not go unnoticed.

Edit: spelling

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by RSDSav View Post
    They were at Sea Otter all weekend, pry since Wednesday. I bet they are just getting back in the office. Have you noticed all the Sea Otter stuff? Try giving them a call today and see. Can you imagine about a weeks worth of emails to get through?
    If only there was some kind of technology and global network that allowed people and businesses to be connected, 24/7 all over the globe. Can you imagine the revolution in information, almost like a super-highway? Answering emails on some kind of hand held device or small computing device? Sci Fi.

Imagine.

My experience with getting calls and emails back has been hit and miss with both bikes I bought. I received shipping notice the same day the bike came as well.

mtbr member
    I was finally able to get in touch with Eric. He got pulled away to sea otter and on top of that had some tech difficulties with his laptop. That was the reasoning for the lack of communication.
    But it turns out the bike I ordered was a glitch and they dont have it in stock so i cancelled the order. I'm gonna look at some LBS tomorrow and see what they have that compares, but likely Ill wait for airborne to restock.
    Eric was very helpful and calmed down my apprehension of the communication issues.