tools for guardian- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013

tools for guardian

hey guys. does any one know with 100% certainty what type of crank puller and bottom bracket tool i need to remove the BB on my guardian 2.0? i guess the puller is easy enough for me to figure out once i remove the crank arm bolt, but the info i need the most is what size spline tool i need for the BB. mine has the spline teeth in the inside. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    JJ

mtbr member
    You need a crank puller for square taper cranks. Park tool makes one, plus you can find a how-to as well. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    cool, thanks for the info. i appreciate it. I was thinking that was the tool i needed. I havent attemted to take the crank off yet so I just wanted to check and make sure it didnt need one of those crank pullers that are made for the older style cranks that have a large center hole. do you happent to know what size bottom bracket spline tool i would need to remove the BB? the BB has the spline teeth on the inside. i'm going to be getting a new frame and i would like to reuse the BB. it doesnt have many miles on it and is still in good shape.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvny081 View Post
    cool, thanks for the info. i appreciate it. I was thinking that was the tool i needed. I havent attemted to take the crank off yet so I just wanted to check and make sure it didnt need one of those crank pullers that are made for the older style cranks that have a large center hole. do you happent to know what size bottom bracket spline tool i would need to remove the BB? the BB has the spline teeth on the inside. i'm going to be getting a new frame and i would like to reuse the BB. it doesnt have many miles on it and is still in good shape.
    I can only guess as I am not sure how many teeth are in your BB, but I would have to say the BBT-22 from Park Tool is what you would need. Good luck, hope that helps!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    thanks for the help. i sure do appreciate it. i'm one of those "do-it-yourself" kinda guys who can never get enough tools. so even if it seems right now that ill never use these tools after my frame swap, you never know what the futer holds. thanks again.