Seeker opinions? also airborne frame and warranty- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2015

Seeker opinions? also airborne frame and warranty

Considering buying a seeker but the thing that holding me back is lack of local support and not knowing how good the frame quality and warranty is compared other brands like trek.

I love how it comes with better forks and components then bikes $100 more then it, but if the frame dies on me fast it wouldn't matter and I like to know the warranty is there for it.

So how does the seekers frame hold up compared to a trek x caliber frame or specialized rock hopper.

Hows the warranty on them? anyone have to use it yet?

What bikes have you used before it and why is this one better?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mca90guitar View Post
    Considering buying a seeker but the thing that holding me back is lack of local support and not knowing how good the frame quality and warranty is compared other brands like trek.

I love how it comes with better forks and components then bikes $100 more then it, but if the frame dies on me fast it wouldn't matter and I like to know the warranty is there for it.

So how does the seekers frame hold up compared to a trek x caliber frame or specialized rock hopper.

Hows the warranty on them? anyone have to use it yet?

What bikes have you used before it and why is this one better?

Thanks
    Warranty is spot on. Just because they aren't local, doesn't mean they won't support the product they sold you. You can get full details of product warranty HERE at the Airborne site.

I will say this, when I went to service a creaking BB on my new Goblin (owned for three months), I had found that the factory had cross-threaded the non-drive side BB rendering the frame useless. I called Airborne, showed them pics and I had a frame in my hands in five business days. Most bike shops won't stock warranty frames, so even if you had a defective Trek frame, chances are they are shipping it off and you are waiting for a return. It's nice to skip the middle man! Eric (Black Pearl) was awesome to deal with, and for that reason alone is why I will continue to buy Airborne.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Frames are great, no difference between them and Trek etc. I think it is better than the x cal. X cal doesn't have a tapered head tube limiting future fork upgrades. Seeker is a great bike. I have an Evo and my wife has a Goblin, same frame as seeker. Order up a seeker and aSee what everyone else around here is raving about!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    thanks, thoughts on size with my specs?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    For the money, you can't get a better bike than the Seeker. Same goes for the goblin, but the Goblin is an even better value IMO. If you're going to catch upgrade-itis, bite the bullet and spend the extra $300 - it will cost you almost $1000 to upgrade the Seeker to a comparable spec as the Goblin.

BUT - it sounds like you're looking for an entry level bike. The Seeker is more than that, but at a better price than the other options you mentioned. While Spesh and Trek are d*cking around with Suntour coil-sprung forks, 3X drivetrains and no-name brakes, Airborne delivers respectable components on a comparable frame. They make a few tiny (and cheap to fix) mistakes, but the Seeker is a REAL bike you'll be pumped to ride.
    My MTB themed graphic tees:
    https://www.mteeb.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Thanks. Im tapped out on price. Already jumped $400 from my starting point. Think the seeker should work fine for my needs.

Just need to figure out the size I need now and hope the free shipping doesn't go away before I get the answer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Airborne customer service is very helpful, especially with sizing.
    My MTB themed graphic tees:
    https://www.mteeb.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    Airborne customer service is very helpful, especially with sizing.
    Still waiting on a reply from them. They usually take a few days to answer email? Better off just calling?

Also what measurements do they want besides height and inseam.

Looking the specs compared to the trek I tried im sure the 18" is what I need though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    They are a little slow on email. If you rode a trek and liked the size and it compares to the 18 seeker then that's your answer. It's all about your comfort in the end.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Yeah. Man this bike stuff has me frustrated haha. To much to figure out. As long as airborne is good on frame warranty issues, which it sounds like they may be. Then it is just to good of a deal to pass on.

Although in my life I never damaged a frame on a bike and I use to jump the hell out of them when I was younger. Feel like if all my cheap walmart bikes worked fine for years and years without swapping parts then This bike shouldn't be an issue. If I can get 5 or 6 years out of it ill be content

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Anywas there warranty page doesnt say how long they will warranty the frame for, anyone know?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Heck a new Goblin frame is $250. Try picking up a new frame for someone else for $250. At that price you could afford to buy a new one if you had an issue outside of the warranty period and still be ahead of the game.

And agree, while I don't own one I would not hesitate to buy one. Great bikes from what I have read, great specs and great price. Thought about a Hobgoblin for a bit before I built up my Redline.
    '15 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    '19 Karate Monkey
    Motobecane Boris
    Raleigh Willard 3, Furley & Militis 3 (SS)
    Nashbar Carbon Road