Popped Tire- Mtbr.com

Thread: Popped Tire

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Popped Tire

So on my last ride out everything was fine all day, went riding for about 3.5 hours, after we got off the trail we messed around on the ride back to the truck doing bunny hops and such, hauled the bike home and put it in the garage and tire pressure was fine. I checked before I locked the garage up. Then the next day I go out and the rear tire is totally flat. So I must have a small hole somewhere that allowed the air to seep out slowly over night I'm guessing? Just don't see how I could have been bunny hopping and doing wheelies without it just going flat as a pancake. I think it's actually a hole in my tire though (I'm busy down at school so haven't had time to really mess with it) so I just wanted to know if there is a good patch kit for this or what the best option is. Thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rob View Post
    So on my last ride out everything was fine all day, went riding for about 3.5 hours, after we got off the trail we messed around on the ride back to the truck doing bunny hops and such, hauled the bike home and put it in the garage and tire pressure was fine. I checked before I locked the garage up. Then the next day I go out and the rear tire is totally flat. So I must have a small hole somewhere that allowed the air to seep out slowly over night I'm guessing? Just don't see how I could have been bunny hopping and doing wheelies without it just going flat as a pancake. I think it's actually a hole in my tire though (I'm busy down at school so haven't had time to really mess with it) so I just wanted to know if there is a good patch kit for this or what the best option is. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Are you tubed up? If so, sounds like a snake bite in the tube - if you are tubeless, you still may have punctured the tire, but it was in a setting position to where your stans juice couldn't get to it. You can use just a regular tube patch kit on the inside of the tire - clean - scuff - peel and stick the patch.

CoolArrow
    I'm with Soul, probably a snake bite that occurred during bunny hopping Leaks can go pretty slow, nothing out of the ordinary. Regular patch kits are still the norm, or try a slime tube, which has sealant in it already. Used those for a while before going tubless, they work!
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard website