Ordered my new Goblin today! But....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ordered my new Goblin today! But....

So I ordered my new Goblin today. Well I havent paid for it yet so technically not.

The order page did not list the size I had chosen, which concerned me; so I tried to back up from the confirmation page but got kicked out of the order.

I however received an email saying my order had been placed and was given an order #.

Ok, so I will call them.

Except for the 3rd time in a row all I got was an answering machine.

Im still going to order my Goblin, and hopefully someone calls me back today so I can make my payment: However, not answering the phones during business hours is a sign of bad business practices. Thats Business 101.

Anyway im excited to get my new Goblin!
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I'm sure you saw my post about similar issues since you commented on that post. Airborne eventually took care of me and I'm very happy with my Goblin. I was persistent and contacted them by email, left numerous messages on phone but they never answered, and even through their facebook page at their request. Then I complained on forums and they saw that. They were very apologetic and came through eventually. I think it was a month from my first attempt to contact them until I actually got the bike. I have put nearly 100 miles on the bike now and love it. Depending where you are in Wisc. maybe you aren't in the riding season yet and can play the waiting game. If you can it's worth. I couldn't find any spec'ed close to the Goblin for the same price without looking at leftovers from 3 years ago.
    My biggest concern was if I had a shipping damage issue, how long would it take to get a hold of them but I never had to cross that bridge.
    Good luck

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I never heard from them today so that means soonest my order will be processed is tomorrow. Oh well.

I am surprised that ANY company in today's business world would not be answering their phones. I hope its not a reflection of a business that is in trouble. Everything I have heard about their bikes is really good and id like them to stick around a while. Especially since im buying one of their products.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Same thing happen to me. Looking at the evo, went to order one, no dice. Not sure if it's out of stock in size 16 or what. Just don't show up in cart, no internet message. Called them multiple times, no answer. If it's this bad in the off season, i can't wonder what it's like getting CS for warranty claim will be like during the season. Now, I'm looking at other bike manufacturer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pattongb View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I never heard from them today so that means soonest my order will be processed is tomorrow. Oh well.

I am surprised that ANY company in today's business world would not be answering their phones. I hope its not a reflection of a business that is in trouble. Everything I have heard about their bikes is really good and id like them to stick around a while. Especially since im buying one of their products.
    If everything you have heard is good, then why are you on here posting constantly abou the issues you seem to be having. Just call them and order the bike. Their website was just updated when I ordered mine and the guy I talked to apologized for it being clunky.

Yes, you have had issues calling, but you have to understand this isn't some huge corporation with a 100 phone lines and support personnel. They are a small company and are quite busy according to the gentlemen I talked to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Another thing to watch with their new web site is that, at least for my order, I think the size got lowered. I am 99.99% certain I added an 18" evo to my cart (I ordered it after emailing customer service asking about sizing and was recommended the 18). I checked out (process went fine for me), got a confirmation email. I noticed that the email didn't have the size, and the web order status page didn't have a size listed. So I emailed them and the person who answered (didn't specify their name) said the order was for a 16! He/She changed it to an 18 for me before it shipped out (thank goodness!!).

The order sat (and still sits) in status "processing" although after emailing them this morning I found out it did ship last week. I got the tracking number and they actually tried to deliver it Saturday but I wasn't home. Lame!!

Anyway, they always responded same day when I emailed them and they did ship the bike according to what they advertise on their web site. No complaints from me (though an email when the bike shipped would have saved them having to respond to a couple of emails from me -- multiply that by dozens, hundreds, or thousands of customers and that's a lot of time that could be saved by a simple automated email!). I hope they deliver the bike tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    It seems like a lot of these issues happened right after the launch of the new website. This happened right around christmas during a big sale and free shipping event. To make things worse they appeared to be out of the office that week which in part was my difficulty in reaching them. I think if they resolve their apparent ongoing website/order issues a lot of these problems would be solved. From what I could gather it seems like there is only a couple guys that work in the office period.
    Like I said before, once I finally got my Goblin, I couldn't be happier.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by porkpistol View Post
    If everything you have heard is good, then why are you on here posting constantly abou the issues you seem to be having. Just call them and order the bike. Their website was just updated when I ordered mine and the guy I talked to apologized for it being clunky.

Yes, you have had issues calling, but you have to understand this isn't some huge corporation with a 100 phone lines and support personnel. They are a small company and are quite busy according to the gentlemen I talked to.
    Well porkpistol as someone who has run a large business I want them to be aware of the issues so they can improve them. Especially if I become a fan of their products.

Look there is only 2 reasons I am still buying an Airborne: 1- the price for the components cant be beat... 2- the reputation of the bikes from the people who own them. To be honest if number 2 didnt exist, number 1 wouldnt be enough. I would have found a way to scrap together another couple hundred to find a different brand.

Do you disagree that ANY company in todays business world should be making sure they answer the phones? Your point about the size of the company is upside down. If anyone should be answering the phones its a smaller company trying to sell themselves as something better, something more, than the big company.

I hope I can get a hold of them tomorrow to pay for my bike, otherwise even the reputation of the product is not going to keep me around.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saberworks View Post
    Another thing to watch with their new web site is that, at least for my order, I think the size got lowered. I am 99.99% certain I added an 18" evo to my cart (I ordered it after emailing customer service asking about sizing and was recommended the 18). I checked out (process went fine for me), got a confirmation email. I noticed that the email didn't have the size, and the web order status page didn't have a size listed. So I emailed them and the person who answered (didn't specify their name) said the order was for a 16! He/She changed it to an 18 for me before it shipped out (thank goodness!!).

The order sat (and still sits) in status "processing" although after emailing them this morning I found out it did ship last week. I got the tracking number and they actually tried to deliver it Saturday but I wasn't home. Lame!!

Anyway, they always responded same day when I emailed them and they did ship the bike according to what they advertise on their web site. No complaints from me (though an email when the bike shipped would have saved them having to respond to a couple of emails from me -- multiply that by dozens, hundreds, or thousands of customers and that's a lot of time that could be saved by a simple automated email!). I hope they deliver the bike tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to it!
    THATS EXACTLY the issue I had. I was going through checkout and I realized that it did not list the size I had chosen. I tried to back up and was kicked out of the order process. I still got a confirmation email, and like you the email DID NOT list the size I had ordered. So I tried to call them, not only to confirm the size but to pay. I did not get through, and even with over 2 hours of their business day left, I did not get a return call.

I did email them and ask them to please call me to accept my payment and to confirm the size. We shall see if they call me tomorrow. If not I am moving on.

I have my credit card in front of my computer ready to give them $1200. You would think as a business, they would want to take it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I guess as a person who has "run a large business" you don't understand the demands of running a small business. I have run small businesses and Airborne seems to have only a handful of employees. They try hard to get to everyone but it can be hard. One person can be paying bills in the morning, answering emails after, calling suppliers after lunch, and auditing inventory before heading home. When you have 100 emails and only 30 minutes to respond, the responses will be "bland" and "short". It's the growing pains of business, I can certainly understand. I hope you get your Goblin or best to you as you find another, and larger, brand from which to buy your bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSDSav View Post
    I guess as a person who has "run a large business" you don't understand the demands of running a small business. I have run small businesses and Airborne seems to have only a handful of employees. They try hard to get to everyone but it can be hard. One person can be paying bills in the morning, answering emails after, calling suppliers after lunch, and auditing inventory before heading home. When you have 100 emails and only 30 minutes to respond, the responses will be "bland" and "short". It's the growing pains of business, I can certainly understand. I hope you get your Goblin or best to you as you find another, and larger, brand from which to buy your bike.
    RSDSav I certainly do understand the demands of a smaller company with limited staff. My family has owned a business since before I was born. I myself ran my own computer repair business for years. That being said, answering emails, paying bills, doing schedules, meetings.....etc..etc.. ALL OF THAT comes after the Customer. Without the customer there is no business. For a small company every customer counts. Every single one. Especially one that is probably playing with such small margins.

Its 10:15am Airborne time; I still have not heard from them. My credit card is still on my keyboard waiting to pay them. The count down is on. 7 hours till they close and I move on.

Yes I could call them, again, but im not going to. 3 calls and 2 emails is enough. I would be willing to go through the internet order process again, if it properly displayed my order. I am not going to order a bike, then not know if they are sending me the wrong size. Especially since I have no guarantee I can call them to confirm the size since they dont answer the phones.

Just sucks because I have already spent another $100 buying Neon Green chain guards, bashguard, grips, and am looking at a black and green seat too. I race in the largest XC race series in the country! My Goblin would look pretty sick, draw a lot of attention, and would be HUGE exposure for this "small" company.

The number one thing racers do at my races is check out and inquire about other riders bikes.

I am confident Airborne will come through.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    They have answered every time I have called and gone the extra distance for anything I've asked.

I am bummed you're getting a different experience because mine was so good. The experience was so good that I am currently upgrading bits and pieces on my bike so I can order a frame for my wife and build one up for her as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by opivy View Post
    They have answered every time I have called and gone the extra distance for anything I've asked.

I am bummed you're getting a different experience because mine was so good. The experience was so good that I am currently upgrading bits and pieces on my bike so I can order a frame for my wife and build one up for her as well.
    opivy how long ago was your experience? Seems there was a discernible point and time where things may have changed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Less than a month ago. I got an Evo, called and emailed many times with them and they were always very quick with responses.

With them being a SB and their new launches coming very shortly I imagine they're swamped with tertiary tasks and short staffed. I agree with you that you have to put the customer first though. It seems a strange path.

mtbr member
    Less than a month ago. I got an Evo, called and emailed many times with them and they were always very quick with responses.

With them being a SB and their new launches coming very shortly I imagine they're swamped with tertiary tasks and short staffed. I agree with you that you have to put the customer first though. It seems a strange path.
    Ive wanted an Airborne since the first time I was looking at MB's in 2011. At the time I could only afford a $600 bike (Giant NRS3 used) but had dreams. Then I was able to sneak a Stumpjumper Comp out of a fellow teammate for $900 (2013 frame). The Wife and I went through some stuff with the loss of my job last year and I had to sell that bike (damn shame).

Its 1pm Eastern and they are only open another 3 hours. I am getting pretty worried. I have a feeling I will be pulling the trigger on a Moto Fantom 29Pro. Just sucks because ive ordered $100 in Neon Green extras to add to the Goblin.

I can understand back logs in email, so im willing to wait 48 hours on that; but messages left on a phone system? Especially a message from a customer who says he is simply calling to pay money.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    If you want the bike, I would recommend just giving them a bit of slack. Call them up again or try another email.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by porkpistol View Post

++1

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Deep breath, count to 10, go for a run, drink a beer...whatever it takes man.

mtbr member
    UPDATE:

Eric from Airborne called me and he was extremely friendly and helpful. Set me up with a brand new EVO (ill send the Neon Green stuff back for a diff color!) and a free Jersey.

All in all things worked out. Erics friendliness and candor totally relieved me of any anxiety.

Now the wait....tick toc!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Good deal. He's a good dude. Just real busy.

mtbr member
    I am a brand guy so assuming I love the bike as much as everyone else, i'll be looking at the Hobgoblin next year

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    UPDATE:

Eric from Airborne called me and he was extremely friendly and helpful. Set me up with a brand new EVO (ill send the Neon Green stuff back for a diff color!) and a free Jersey.

All in all things worked out. Erics friendliness and candor totally relieved me of any anxiety.

Didn't u have a thread that compared the goblin to the evo and decided on the goblin instead?

mtbr member
    Yep. Goblin is out in my size for at least a month. Cant wait that long. Dont have another bike and I train mostly through riding.

Its all good. I will train with the Evo and race it this year. I am focusing on conditioning this year anyways and dont expect to really compete. Next year I plan on buying a full squishy racing bike anyways so....

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have a bunch of neon green on my Evo. I love the look.

mtbr member
    opivy got any pictures?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yep, let me dig them out of my phone and on to here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Not the best lighting so I'll take another later.

Not the current setup; but in the pic, diety tibia post, odi grips, spank oozy 760 bars, diety compound pedals.

Since then I've added a spank stem, fsa headset spacers and swapped the pedals for some aluminum in the same color, a green n/w 32t and removed the fd and cables.

I don't plan much else until the rotors go bad then I'd like to get the ones s0ul chicken has.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Good deal, I'm glad they pulled through for you. Once you get it set up and fined tuned I'm sure you'll love it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    UPDATE:

Eric is great. That is who I dealt with as well. I knew they would come through. I'm glad you waited it out you won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    odi grips, diety compound pedals
    I have the same grips, and I have to agree the green looks really good on the Evo. I like the green so much, I'm considering painting my MG1 pedals to match. How do you like those Diety compounds?

Ordered my new Goblin today!  But....-grippies.jpg

mtbr member
    Wow the Green does look really good! I ordered those exact same grips. In fact they should be here today, one day before the bike!