New Seeker Arrived Today - Review Inside- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2015

New Seeker Arrived Today - Review Inside

Holy mountain bike batman! This thing is ridiculous!

I just upgraded from a 2008 Cannondale FG that I had not ridden in years. Needed to get back into shape and lose some weight, so I thought I would get back on the trail. Spring in south Texas is great biking weather.

Anyways, I checked all the local bike shops and researched things on line. It was amazing at how much things have changed since I last did any serious riding.

Settled on the Seeker and it arrived today. Assembly was super easy but I am still running it to the shop tomorrow for a tune up just to make sure I didn't screw anything up too badly.

Took it for a 15 minute ride around my neighborhood and I am blown away. Much lighter and responsive than the Cannondale. Get the feeling this thing was made to climb hills.

I wanted the Goblin, but I am far from disappointed by the Seeker. Will consider the Goblin EVO if I gift this one to my brother and upgrade.

Will hit the trails over the weekend and update my review. Until then, happy riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I also noticed how far bikes have come in the 10 or so years since I last had one. That Seeker is a sweet looking bike, I really considered one until I just blew up my budget and went for the EVO.

Enjoy that Seeker, seems like Airborne is impressing everybody that tries one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I just ordered a seeker as well, I appreciate your review. I am pumped to get this bike in! Sorry if this derails your thread but can I ask how long your order was "processing" I'm anxious for it to ship.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    @spop when did you order? The site says that it can take up to 2 days or maybe a few extra days due to peak season times( idk when those times are, I'm a noob) having said that I ordered a seeker on the 31st and have not received it, apparently there was an issue at the warehouse, I'd give it at least 4 days and if it still hasn't changed give Eric a call, he was very helpful.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I ordered it on Monday. I guess spring could be peak season. I won't panic yet. I already emailed to confirm my frame size so I don't want to be the guy bugging them all the time. I hope your bike comes soon!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    For my Evo order last Tuesday, they never updated my status on the page before it arrived on a Friday (or tired to, if I was home!).

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Wow that's craziness. So what you're saying is my bike could show up unexpectedly today? That would be a pleasant surprise.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    My Seeker came in today as well. I ordered it last Thursday night and it was delivered this morning. I get notifications from fedex whenever a package is being delivered to my address so I knew it was being delivered. I never got a ship notice from Airborne and their website still shows it's processing. I've been out of mountainbiking for some time, too and originally was going to order the Guardian but they were out if stock. I'm glad I got the Seeker instead and had I thought longer, I would've spent the extra $270 for the Goblin, but I really like the Seeker's paintjob. They really package these things so there's no damage in transport and I didnt even have to adjust the derailers. I can't wait to take it out for a ride tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by spop View Post
    Wow that's craziness. So what you're saying is my bike could show up unexpectedly today? That would be a pleasant surprise.
    Yup, but the question is - did it? I probably depends on how far you are from CA, too. I'm just a couple states over in NM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I got an email from Fedex this morning that I have a delivery coming today! I'm just a couple states over as well in Texas.

For anyone else worried like myself my order status has not changed from "processing".

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    My status hasn't either, a week after it came.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Agree, I love the paint job of the Seeker, back when I was looking at them I always wished they would sell that frame separately.
    '15 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    '19 Karate Monkey
    Motobecane Boris
    Raleigh Willard 3, Furley & Militis 3 (SS)
    Nashbar Carbon Road