New Products 2016 - Airborne AM 275 and Dirt Jumper?- Mtbr.com
    Formerly PaintPeelinPbody

New Products 2016 - Airborne AM 275 and Dirt Jumper?

I've noticed the Instagram peaks at both the prototype AM 275 model and quite a few pictures featuring an Airborne branded dirt jumper which I assume is the older Wingman?

Any chance will see some new products along these lines in 2016?

It'd be rad if the AM 275 bike had slightly larger chainstay clearances to fit oh...a 275x2.8 tire....
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    I've noticed the Instagram peaks at both the prototype AM 275 model and quite a few pictures featuring an Airborne branded dirt jumper which I assume is the older Wingman?

It'd be rad if the AM 275 bike had slightly larger chainstay clearances to fit oh...a 275x2.8 tire....
    The Griffin 27.5+ is an AM bike, comes with a 3.0 rear tire.

New Products 2016 - Airborne AM 275 and Dirt Jumper?-25166938819_7b8e26369f_o.jpg

Yea but it's not full suspension.

mtbr member
    Yea but it's not full suspension.
    Not really needed when you can run stupid-low pressures in the back when tubeless. Right now I run 12 psi in the back on a 3.0 tire, plenty of suspension right there. As far as a full squish from Airborne in 27.5, who knows.

Last I checked fat bikes nor plus bikes were seeing much success in EWS or World Cup Downhill, and there is a reason for that. Tire volume makes a huge difference in traction and comfort, but sometimes there is no replacement for suspension. I agree with Ibis that the sweet spot for a trail/AM full-suspension bike would be 2.5-2.8 tire sizes, and on a hardtail being able to run 29x2.5 or 275x3.5 would be rad.

In this regard think its cool that Airborne is offering the Griffin, but when you look at the current lineup there doesn't seem to be much diversity, which is shame from a company that offers such great value. I hoped they might give us something to look forward to, maybe hold onto some cash in case a great deal were to pop up later in the year.

mtbr member
    I see where you are coming from. Airborne is a very small company with only 10 employees, but they say they are releasing more bikes come April. Right now, they are the only ones that know what exactly is coming out. Time will tell! I will say that Airborne is a great company to deal with, and glad to own two of their bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Nobody actually knows what they are doing. If you read their answers to questions on Facebook, it looks like they are open to doing anything. Maybe they were more restricted with Huffy. Last I read on there the Enduro is supposed to released this spring.

What I'd like to see is the Goblin EVO in 27.5, slack headtube and short chainstays.

The Griffin's head tube angle and chain stay lengths are much more on the XC side of things and are still a decision I don't quite get looking at the bikes from other manufacturers. Not exactly the ideal AM hardtail.

Look at the Norco Torrent.