New Goblin EVO- Mtbr.com

Thread: New Goblin EVO

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

New Goblin EVO

Just pulled trigger, can't wait for arrival!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Congrats! I hope you enjoy!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thanks, now the hard part. Waiting!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Me too

Any idea how long they take to ship?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    From the time I ordered to the time I received was 5 business days. Congrats on the purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I just ordered the Goblin Evo

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Darren, I ordered on Friday and it is due to deliver Wednesday. I am in Austin, TX. I think the order is being filled in California, based on FEDEX tracking.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Received today, and it is gorgeous. The pics really don't do it justice. That blue is deep and metallic. Wow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Welcome to the Evo family! I'm sure you will like it more after your first ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I ordered mine on Sat, got an email today that the 18 is out of stock. But they offered me their showroom bike, never ridden but a couple of small scratches at a discount.
    Couple scratches don't bother me, I'm just excited to get it and at a discount.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDarren View Post
    I ordered mine on Sat, got an email today that the 18 is out of stock. But they offered me their showroom bike, never ridden but a couple of small scratches at a discount.
    Couple scratches don't bother me, I'm just excited to get it and at a discount.
    I ordered mine Yesterday in the afternoon and it was an 18 EVO? So either I wasnt told that it was out of stock, or someone is telling stories..
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Shenanigans

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I know you will enjoy your bike Darren. I got mine when they were first released last year. A few scratches will only be joined by the many more you will give it while riding! It sure is a fun bike.

mtbr member
    What, no pictures? Your killing me here!

mtbr member
    It will be interesting to see if I receive a shipping notice today.....
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    I just called and the size 18 frame is sold out. Now I have no idea what to buy. They won't have any of that size in until mid-summer. So what else can I buy that is as good as the Goblin EVO regardless of the cost?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Demofied View Post
    So what else can I buy that is as good as the Goblin EVO regardless of the cost?
    Kona Honzo
    Kona Explosif
    Transition Trans Am

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Rumor has it their new 650b duallie is due out in the next few weeks...

mtbr member
    Interesting.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    What, no pictures? Your killing me here!
    Sorry, I need to get them up...they aren't on this computer but will post in next day or so!

New Goblin EVO-img_0628.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    New Goblin EVO-img_0622.jpgNew Goblin EVO-img_0621.jpgNew Goblin EVO-img_0636.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Pre assembly, in my shop on the stand...I'll post more as I can.

mtbr member
    Thank you jslangley. The more pics the better!

My EVO is arriving Saturday and I am super pumped!

I do wonder though, why would a company run out of Goblin 18" and EVO 18" during the hottest sales time of the year for mountain bikes??

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Because they're small and sell direct so they don't get guaranteed numbers. When you sell to LBS's they have minimum orders and you get a guaranteed sales number. They probably did not anticipate how popular their bikes would become.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jslangley View Post
    Pre assembly, in my shop on the stand...I'll post more as I can.
    Thanks for the pictures
    Mine doesn't arrive till Monday.

Any hints or things to be aware of when assembling it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    From my experience, companies buy bikes by the container. That's thousands, or tns of thousands, at a time. These are ordered months in advance. Just for perspective, current model year bikes are about done with production. 2016 bikes will start production this summer for brands that use model years. Bike companies have to gauge demand almost a year out. It is very expensive to sit on thousands of units of unsold bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDarren View Post
    Any hints or things to be aware of when assembling it?

Don't squeeze the brake lever without the rotor or the plastic spacer between the pads.

Mine came with the stem backwards. Make sure you turn it around or else your fork will be backwards.

My controls were already attached to the bars. The cables and brake lines were a tad long and a bit tangled, so I removed the controls and tried to position them so the cables didn't rub or slap around.

Take a picture of your serial number before your first ride and keep it somewhere safe but accessible.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by opivy View Post
    Because they're small and sell direct so they don't get guaranteed numbers. When you sell to LBS's they have minimum orders and you get a guaranteed sales number. They probably did not anticipate how popular their bikes would become.
    Congrats on bike and lets see some pics of it on a trail!!
    Last edited by pattongb; 03-27-2015 at 06:59 AM.

mtbr member
    OP got more pics?
    Last edited by pattongb; 03-27-2015 at 06:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    even the big boys run out of stuff its called inventory turn over... Maybe there's a new color in production maybe a design change who knows but it happens... They just don't hit a button and Pop out bikes... Your bad mouthing a company you spent money with... So really? kinda childish I'd say

I don't own a airborne but your 5 posts rant I would expect from a 12 year old... If your such a genius why aren't you sourcing b another bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pattongb View Post
    So you run out in June and have to draw the ire of your fan base or potential fan base from that point forward. You dont run out in March.
    Way to hijack another thread, pattongb. Let the OP have his moment. How much hate and disdain do you have stored up?

Great pics jslangley! Keep them coming for us. Welcome!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    +njhardrock
    +soulchicken
    I guess this guy has never walked into a shop in June and bee told a bike is sold out. (He states in other threads his last 2 bikes are used) Or realized that the model year begins with Interbike in the fall. Oh well.

By the way, great pictures and can't wait to hear how you like it as you get a bunch of time on your new bike!

mtbr member
    I apologize. The whole experience of trying to find a bike in my price range left me disappointed, bitter, frustrated and angry. Really im just too damn competitive for my own good. I want to race and be good, but I cant afford the equipment. Yet guys on single speed fat bikes are faster than me so I also realize its not about the equipment (at least at my level).

Im hoping the new bike (EVO should arrive tomorrow), and having an actual spring in WI; along with finally having some real riding time available for the first time in 2 years, will help me get back to when MBing was about fun, and stress relief, and being back in nature. I miss that and obviously need it.

My new Airborne will probably go along way in helping me get back to where I was a few years ago; and for that I will be grateful to Airborne.

I hope the company is doing well so we can all enjoy their bikes in the future.

OP lets see some more pics please.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Demofied View Post
    I just called and the size 18 frame is sold out. Now I have no idea what to buy. They won't have any of that size in until mid-summer. So what else can I buy that is as good as the Goblin EVO regardless of the cost?
    What are your measurements? The Evo runs pretty big. If you're in between sizes it may be better to go with a 16. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and the 16" fits me great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    What are your measurements? The Evo runs pretty big. If you're in between sizes it may be better to go with a 16. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and the 16" fits me great.

^^Agreed. Im 5' 10 1/2 and the 18" is almost too big for me. I have no doubt a 16" would work for me. This is a big bike, especially if you dont plan on changing the wheels anytime soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Not really other than I had to turn the stem around...had me scratchin my head for a few minutes.

Had a great ride yesterday morning, the weather here was perfect!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Oh and another thing, which was funny...I shifted to the big ring and immediately got a weird noise...took me a minute or two to realize it was just the front derailleur cable rubbing against tire knobs! (Telling on myself here)

Enjoy your new EVO

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I know how you feel with searching for a bike that is reasonably priced and I finally decided I want to give the EVO a shot but they are out of stock in 16 and 18". Sounds like they are going to be out of stock for a long time after talking with them. Sucks since I am ready to buy now... Guess I will have to reevaluate what I will buy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelT2855 View Post
    I know how you feel with searching for a bike that is reasonably priced and I finally decided I want to give the EVO a shot but they are out of stock in 16 and 18". Sounds like they are going to be out of stock for a long time after talking with them. Sucks since I am ready to buy now... Guess I will have to reevaluate what I will buy.
    Thats a bummer.. Found some other bikes when it looked like I might not get my EVO. I'll PM you.