The Lonely Griffin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2016

The Lonely Griffin

So my Griffin which is an amazing bike, for those of you who have not yet bought one! Was getting a tad lonely and needed another Airborne friend, so I got my hands on this:

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Finally got to ride this new Plague tonight! I took it to a local trail here that Ive been riding the griffin on alot. My Plague is a 26" and Im not sure of any geo changes between it and the 27.5 but as slacked out as it is I must say it was a treat to pedal up hill for a couple of miles. The "downhill" section is pretty tame but it is a fast high gear single track with several smaller sized jumps and lots of turns, close feel to a pump track. With 6" of travel this bike was like riding a pillow down it and speed was insanely easy to keep. That being said Ill probably never take to this trail again as I prefer the Griffins Hardtail on this track type. This next week I plan on taking it further up into the Sandia Mountains to really see this bike shine in what is basically one giant rock garden of decaying granite! I have a particular trail I want to bomb to compare it to my Griffin!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Is this the same proto Jerry Hazard has been riding and posting about, or are they spreading more out there?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    just went back and looked at the other thread and this one looks different....I'm getting psyched on this bike again!!!

mtbr member
    Nice!! This makes three Plauges in NM! Enjoy the ride, I finally got back on mine this weekend, too. Let me know if you ever get up this way to the Four Corners, prime riding for the Plague and Griffin, perhaps they won't get lonely!

The Lonely Griffin-28285101065_de214397a0_b.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Deal Soul! Jerry and I have been talking about getting up there early fall, we'll let you know.

This bike is not the same, it is a 26" instead of 27.5". He does however have a 26" as well.... The one he is currently riding is the 27.5" which is the same as Soul's and probably the same as what production will be. Either way I love this bike already and would ride it in any wheel size!

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Flogged the Plague yesterday, Jerry posted a pic from a rest point we took in another thread so i wont waste the bandwidth. We rode a trail just east of Albuquerque called Otero Canyon. I previously rode the griffin on it and Jerry has a video from when he rode his griffin on it. The Griffin is completely Capable in handling the 3-4' drops and large long rock gardens at speed! However the Plague is definitely the right tool for the job. On the Griffin I spent a little more time choosing lines both up and down the mountain, on the Plague however I just bombed everything and definitely with alot more speed going down and jumping. Going to hit a full Downhill Trail on the Plague next week with a required shuttle up!