Just ordered- Mtbr.com

Thread: Just ordered

mtbr member

Just ordered

I havent been on this forum in a long time. So long in fact that i no longer have the jeep that my username refers to, haha. But anyways I've decided to get back into biking. The only mountain bike ive owned that wasnt bought at a big box store was an 07 Jamis Ranger SX 2.0. In all honesty I liked my cheap schwinn better but it was stolen.

Anyways fast forward a few years and the Jamis is now one solid piece of rust. I pushed down on the fork and the seals/springs just shot right out the top. So its toast. I thought about rebuilding it but the price for parts was higher than that of a new bike.

Started looking around at local bike shops. Tried a spec rockhopper and it was nice but at the time my budget was around 500 and you couldnt get much of a bike from spec for that range. Thanks to these forums i came across airborne. Bikes looked good but i passed them off because I didnt want to order a bike online sight unseen from a company ive never heard of. I looked and looked but couldnt get over the value that seemed to come from the airborne line and it kept bringing me back.

I would have ordered a guardian but they are out of all sizes. That and I really liked the specs of the Seeker (namely 2x10 and the fork). Luckily i happened to check the website and I think I got the last Seeker 18 they had because now its out of stock. Hopefully they do indeed have the one I ordered. In the perfect world i would have gone with the goblin evo, but it was out of my price range and out of stock.

In fact it looks like theyre out of darn near all their models and sizes... anyone know whats going on with that? I can understand a few at a time but with that many going out of stock either these are most popular bikes out there or someone isnt good at inventory management.

Sorry for the long winded post, Im just really excited to get the bike and get riding again. If it lives up to expectations and they actually restock sometime soon, i can see getting a guardian for the girlfriend.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 83jeep View Post

I would have ordered a guardian but they are out of all sizes. That and I really liked the specs of the Seeker (namely 2x10 and the fork). Luckily i happened to check the website and I think I got the last Seeker 18 they had because now its out of stock. Hopefully they do indeed have the one I ordered. In the perfect world i would have gone with the goblin evo, but it was out of my price range and out of stock.

In fact it looks like theyre out of darn near all their models and sizes... anyone know whats going on with that? I can understand a few at a time but with that many going out of stock either these are most popular bikes out there or someone isnt good at inventory management.
    #1, congrats on the bike. #2, I have no idea why Airborne would choose spring riding/buying season to be out of nearly all of the sizes of their mtn bikes. It doesn't make much sense.