Its 3 days to spring: Where is Airborne?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Its 3 days to spring: Where is Airborne?

So we understand there have been some changes. The company claims that it is re-discovering itself and getting back to its roots. However, we are getting into peak bike buying season in the next 2-6 weeks, with Spring hitting in just 2 more days.

I am curious:

1- Where is the timeline for the new bikes and restock of the old bikes. If you have an order in to a manufacturer (say in China), they have an ETA for delivery. To say otherwise would be to tell the rest of us who know a thing or 2 about business is to lie to us. Yet there has been ZERO communication from Airborne on its Facebook page (where it says its best to deal with them) or on this forum, OR on its website.

2- If you have a new bike or bikes coming this spring, as you have claimed on your Facebook page, even if you do not know an exact delivery date, where is the sales pitch? Why arent we seeing a "Its Coming" ad on the website or facebook showing us the product that is supposedly coming in the next month or two?

3- Biking season is starting. Even in crappy weather WI where we have been blessed with a weak winter, the trails are opening up within a week or two. Where is Airbornes spring pitch?

Despite spring coming in 2 days, Airbornes FB page has only had 2 posts in the last 2 months. The last one simply a submission form an Airborne owner showing his bike, and the first one the announcement the website was finally live, which was over 2 months ago.

Airborne: if you are really, truly, planning on staying in business. Please start participating on your Facebook page, this forum, and making updates to your web page. Otherwise stop messing around with the rest of us (maybe because your trying to clear out the rest of your inventory before you go belly up?), let us know the truth about whats happening.

I am looking to buy another bike this spring, id love it to be an Airborne. But its time for you guys to start acting like an actual business. Sh*t or get off the pot.
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    I sent them a question about their current sold out models a couple of days ago and they replied via email that they would be in mid April to early May.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I wish this company would get it together, they have a great business model and I think their hearts are in the right place. But my one and only attempt to deal with them was a disaster, and they seem to be getting worse, not better. Bottom line, it's not a bike manufacturer, it's a couple guys trying to run an import business. My guess is that they're upside-down financially, and haven't been able to build any pre-season inventory. Anything "new" from them will come out of China after the production runs for the big guys have been completed, if they can pay the purchase orders. I could be wrong. . .but I don't think I am.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Current models are supposed to be restocked mid April to May.

Goblin EVO is now a 27.5, not 29. New geometry and specs, released after that.

FS Enduro model and new dirt jumper to follow afterwards.

This is all communicated in a response to a question on their Facebook page. Why do they do this? If you're going to use Facebook as your main way of communicating to customers, then release something that lists what you plane to sell, and don't wait for people to ask. People will lose interest if they have to ask.

They also promised some kind of press release to let people know what was going on. That hasn't happened yet. Is it more professional to communicate through Facebook posts to questions by customers?

It is odd there are no pics, specs or info about bikes they want to sell in the very near future.

When the Airborne name first came back, the direct to consumer bike sale options were pretty slim. Now they really aren't, so they are going to have to shine.

I know it seems I'm hard on them, and I have been because myself and the people I recommended them to had large issues with their service, but I'm pulling for them.

I still think that bikes today are way overpriced, and would hope companies like Airborne could make a little difference in that.

mtbr member
    All of this is too bad. I was one of the original Flight Crew guys and what they were doing back then was very cool. Now I'm not to sure I would buy a bike from them.

mtbr member
    I have watched them dodge "where's the Enduro" questions for a long time now. Was supposed to be released by the Sea Otter Classic. Yet no Enduro. I found it interesting they dropped the prices dramatically on a couple models. One of which is no longer on the website (Toxin). I'm probably going with a different company since riding season is just around the corner. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by AmishAirline View Post
    they have a great business model

Actually, this business model sucks balls. Someone had to say it.
    I ncredibly
    M yopic
    B ackstabbing
    A ssholes

mtbr member
    There's rumors going around that Huffy dumped them..... not a good sign.....

mtbr member
    Hey everyone,

Airborne has taken off on its own and in doing so it is correct to assume that we are working on re-building our inventory to give you the options you are looking for.
    Doing this does take time and we appreciate your patience as you wait for new stock to arrive, below is an estimate on when you will see the bikes hit our warehouse and an update on changes:

Guardian: April
    minor changes to frame geometry and spec.

Seeker: May
    minor changes to frame geometry and spec

Goblin: June
    minor changes to frame geometry and spec, with the addition of thru axle rear.

Goblin EVO: June
    new geometry, new spec, new wheel size, new awesomeness.

Enduro Model: TBD.
    The one everyone is waiting for. There have been a few revisions on this one over the last couple years trying to get it the way we want it. We were planning on this one being available this spring but we have had delays from the factory a couple times, we are working very hard on getting this one to you asap, it should be here this summer.

Hobgoblin: TBD
    This one is getting a full overhaul, new geo, new spec, thru axles, 1x, etc.

Dirt Jumper: TBD
    We have samples arriving in April and as soon as we get team approval, they will be ordered asap. Pics will be posted when we get one built up.

We will have updated pictures to post up for you as soon as we receive the product stateside and can get them shot!

As we have stated before we are definately a small group trying to get things done. We are three months into what ultimately has been a total re-structure and we're pretty stoked.

We do our best to monitor MTBR, FB, IG and the rest of the interweb, but you can always reach me at [email protected]

Rest assured, we are here to stay and have plenty of things in the works.
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    Great to hear !!!!!! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store....

Squ-eti
    excited about the hobgoblin makeover.
    as much as I love my goblin evo a little extra squish would be nice sometime.

no mention of the pathogen or toxin. they officially off the table?

once y'all get situated any chance a fat bike may be in the future?
    "Trails? Where we're going we don't need, trails!"

mtbr member
    Pathogen is still available.
    Toxin has been discontinued for now.

There's always a chance....
    Braaap!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Well, both good news ( Airborne models will be back )
    and bad...

bad because my Seeker got stolen last Saturday, and I was going to order up a new one but i'm not sure I can wait until May to get my wheels spinning!

even more bad... No Seekers in stock, so I was thinking I'd move up to a Hobgoblin, but no joy there either until...... TBD! :-(

I am SoL on three separate points! Struck Out!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Any word on specs/ colors/ pics of the new models?

Ready (actually, been ready for awhile) to pull the trigger on a new hardtail.

Would love to see the new Evos.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Glad i came here first instead of running my pie hole half cocked. Went to the site and was like wtf is going on here. I hope Airborne gets things going right, kinda felt things got a little rough when Jeremy left, also not sure if Eric is still on board. Their attention to customer needs is what made the company and the products sell. Existing and potential customers need good human interaction from the company in order to remain strong and competitive

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenkeep View Post
    Glad i came here first instead of running my pie hole half cocked. Went to the site and was like wtf is going on here. I hope Airborne gets things going right, kinda felt things got a little rough when Jeremy left, also not sure if Eric is still on board. Their attention to customer needs is what made the company and the products sell. Existing and potential customers need good human interaction from the company in order to remain strong and competitive
    It turns out they still don't answer emails, or haven't answered the two I sent a almost 2 weeks ago. No bother, I found what I needed elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Wish Airborne would release some specs, get the new bikes on their homepage.

Looking for a 27.5 hardtail. Hard not to go w/ last year's sc chameleon, as much as the discounts are right now...